New Chief Settles In, Lays Out Plans
- POWELL SIGNALS CHANGE AT FCC. Carlson, Caron // eWeek;02/19/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p21
Reports on the initial steps taken by Michael Powell as head of the United States Federal Communications Commission. Plan by Powell to address agency procedures in the first public meeting under his chairmanship; Long-distance telephone service; Vacancy in three of the five commissioner seats...
- GRACE UNDER FIRE. Bischoff, Glenn // Telephony;8/5/2002, Vol. 243 Issue 5, p17
Discusses the criticisms made by two U.S. Senators against U.S. Federal Communications Commission Chairman Michael Powell. Policies of Powell for the telecommunication industry; His statements during a U.S. Senate Commerce Committee hearing; Characteristics of Powell.
- FCC Chair Speaks Mind On Fostering Competition. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;05/28/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 22, p23
Discusses the claims of Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman Michael Powell that wireless communication systems may be the key to foster competition among telecommunication carriers in the United States. Plan of Powell to reform the FCC; Claims of Powell that wideband broadband...
- ELECTION EFFECT: DASCHLE LOSS MAY END ADELSTEIN'S FCC TERM. Jackson, Donny // Telephony;11/8/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 22, p8
Reports on the expected personnel changes at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) after the re-election of U.S. President George W. Bush. Likely departure of Democratic FCC Commissioner Jonathan Adelstein due to the defeat of Senate Minority Leader Tom Daschle; Republican majority...
- Martin at a glance. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;6/20/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p10
Expresses views on the appointment of Kevin Martin as chief of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Criticism of how Martin draft telecommunication policies; Opinion on the reason behind the negative reactions of communication lawyers to Martin's appointment; Speculation on the...
- A careful hand on FCC throttle. Halonen, Doug // Electronic Media;1/21/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p37
Profiles Michael Powell, chairman of the United States Federal Communications Commission. Professional accomplishments; Career background; Contributions to the broadcasting industry.
- Powell takes over. // Broadcast Engineering;Mar2001, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p18
Reports on the appointment of Michael K. Powell as chairman of the United States Federal Communication Commission. Profile of Powell; Career background of Powell; Issues faced by the telecommunication industry.
- Powell faces the divide. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;01/08/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 2, p32
Highlights the challenges facing appointed United States Federal Communications Commission Chairman Michael Powell. Views of Powell on telecommunication; Responsibility of Powell.
- Free-Market FCC Chief. Mundy, Alicia // MediaWeek;02/12/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p6
Examines the platform of Michael Powell, chairman of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Philosophy of Powell regarding competition; Where the FCC would stand in technology issues involving the industry; Aim of Powell as FCC chairman.