Is There Room for the Soul at Work?
- Spiritual Wisdom. Manz, Charles // Executive Excellence;Apr2002, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on spirituality in the workplace. Factors contributing to the emergence of spiritual wisdom in the workplace; Effect of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack on employees and managers in the U.S.
- WORKPLACE SPIRITUALITY AND EMPLOYEES' COMMITMENT TO THE ORGANIZATION: A STUDY OF SELECTED BANKS IN THE SOUTH-SOUTH GEO-POLITICAL REGION OF NIGERIA. Nwibere, B. M.; Emecheta, B. C. // International Journal of Business & Public Administration;Fall2012, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p99
The article presents a study that examines the relationship between workplace spirituality and organization commitment. The study investigates selected banks in the south-south geo-political region of Nigeria. It reveals that existence of a positive and significant relationship between workplace...
- THE INFLUENCE OF WORKPLACE SPIRITUALITY ON ORGANISATIONAL COMMITMENT AMONG PUBLIC SECTOR EMPLOYEES. Mahakud, Gopal Chandra; Gangai, Khagendra Nath // Journal of Organisation & Human Behaviour;2015, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p37
Spirituality in organisational sector is quite different from its traditional meaning. In organisational sector, spirituality means the work ethics or how the employees value their job and their workplace. Although many studies conducted in the area of spirituality and its relation to...
- Impact of Spiritual Inclination on Life and Work. Krishnaveni, R.; Natarajan, G. // European Journal of Social Sciences;Aug2011, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p254
In today's knowledge based economy people become the most important asset of an organization. Hence all organizations are focused on human resource quality and in its development. Organizations have started to look at spirituality as a tool to develop the human resource. This article tries to...
- Workplace Flexibility and the Changing Nature of Work: An Introduction. Dastmalchian, Ali; Blyton, Paul // Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences (Canadian Journal of;Mar2001, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p1
Introduces several articles about workplace flexibility and the changing nature of work. Introduction of high performance work practices; Source of tension between flexibility and other human resource practices; Arguments concerning organizational flexibility.
- The undisputable advantages of an employee-friendly workplace. Dreyer, R.S. // Supervision;Jan97, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p19
Presents a conversation on the advantages of employee-friendly workplaces. Concerns on absences; Flex-time arrangements; Provision of care to employee dependents.
- Signs of the times. Galagan, Patricia; Wulf, Katie // Training & Development;Feb96, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p32
Provides facts and figures about work, learning and careers to help uncover trends in the workplace as well as human resource development and management. Changing landscape; Virtual workplace; Careers; Training industry; Portents; Words of wisdom; Future prospects; Ironies; Measuring the...
- The Competitive Edge. // Aftermarket Business;Nov2003, Vol. 113 Issue 11, p1
Focuses on the advantage of asking employees about the kind of work environment they prefer in the U.S. Importance of hiring an outside firm to work on a confidential basis; Recognition of factors affecting the an employee's performance; Impact of the move on management-employee relations.
- Achieving Leadership Presence in a Post-Enron World. Ransom, Scott // Physician Executive;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p56
Presents tips in achieving work leadership in the U.S. Recognition of personal mistakes; Maintenance of respect towards co-workers; Consideration on the complaints of co-workers.