'Management is about giving people a vision.'
- Be a Steppingstone. Lollis, Helene // HR Magazine;Nov2008, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p112
The article reports on the important role played by the senior management team in defining the path to leadership in any organization. It is based on a set of characteristics, skills and experiences proven to lead to success in the organization. For managers, by empowering others to follow their...
- What is a Manager, Really? Weitzel, Allen F. // Tourist Attractions & Parks;Jan2005, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p42
Focuses on the characteristics of a good manager. Ability to know the qualified personnel to solve a problem; Good leadership skills; Knowledge of proper business etiquette. INSET: Words from the Best.
- managing in the new millennium: bench strength: a business imperative. Buhler, Patricia M. // Supervision;Jan2009, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p19
Talent management continues to be at the forefront of most organizations' strategic initiatives. Ironically enough, over three-fourths of companies surveyed, however, don't even feel confident in filling their leadership gap. With the recognition of the changing landscape of the workforce, it...
- How to Develop Better Foremen and Field Leadership. Porter, Monroe // Roofing Contractor;Apr2007, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p24
The article offers tips on training foremen for the development of leadership skills. According to the author, it is essential to find workers who have the adequate potential to do the job. Secondly, he suggests that leaders must communicate and train the right people to make them feel they are...
- Fishing for top talent. Cooper, Natalie // Training Journal;Oct2012 Changeboard Supplement, p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses topics in the issue, such as emerging markets in the Middle East, human resources jobs, and advice on job skills training.
- La direcciÃ³n por competencias. Sancho Maldonado, Antonio // Revista Istmo;sep/oct2011, Vol. 53 Issue 316, p26
No abstract available.
- THIS TIME IT'S PERSONAL. Goffee, Rob; Jones, Gareth // People Management;10/26/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 21, p28
The article offers insights on leadership. Leaders often lack the technical or creative skills that their followers have. Leaders must always be willing to commit themselves and adapt their authentic selves to the organisational context and show respect for the existing culture. Effective...
- Giving and getting support. Casse, Pierre; Ionova, Natalya // Training Journal;Nov2012, p35
The article looks at the importance of sensitivity in business leadership, with particular focus on the support and encouragement requirements of employees. Topics include the reluctance of employees to admit when they need support, building trust and developing the skills of employees, and...
- From the PNLA President. Bray, Honore // PNLA Quarterly;Summer2015, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p3
The authors reflects on the true meaning of leadership. Topics covered include the tendency of those who perform their jobs not to motivate others to perform because they do not have the people skills needed to become a leader, the difference between management and leadership and ways on how the...