'Management is about giving people a vision.'
- Be a Steppingstone. Lollis, Helene // HR Magazine;Nov2008, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p112
The article reports on the important role played by the senior management team in defining the path to leadership in any organization. It is based on a set of characteristics, skills and experiences proven to lead to success in the organization. For managers, by empowering others to follow their...
- What is a Manager, Really? Weitzel, Allen F. // Tourist Attractions & Parks;Jan2005, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p42
Focuses on the characteristics of a good manager. Ability to know the qualified personnel to solve a problem; Good leadership skills; Knowledge of proper business etiquette. INSET: Words from the Best.
- managing in the new millennium: bench strength: a business imperative. Buhler, Patricia M. // Supervision;Jan2009, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p19
Talent management continues to be at the forefront of most organizations' strategic initiatives. Ironically enough, over three-fourths of companies surveyed, however, don't even feel confident in filling their leadership gap. With the recognition of the changing landscape of the workforce, it...
- How to Develop Better Foremen and Field Leadership. Porter, Monroe // Roofing Contractor;Apr2007, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p24
The article offers tips on training foremen for the development of leadership skills. According to the author, it is essential to find workers who have the adequate potential to do the job. Secondly, he suggests that leaders must communicate and train the right people to make them feel they are...
- Fishing for top talent. Cooper, Natalie // Training Journal;Oct2012 Changeboard Supplement, p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses topics in the issue, such as emerging markets in the Middle East, human resources jobs, and advice on job skills training.
- THIS TIME IT'S PERSONAL. Goffee, Rob; Jones, Gareth // People Management;10/26/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 21, p28
The article offers insights on leadership. Leaders often lack the technical or creative skills that their followers have. Leaders must always be willing to commit themselves and adapt their authentic selves to the organisational context and show respect for the existing culture. Effective...
- Big Data at Google. CROSS, JAY // Chief Learning Officer;Jun2014, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p16
The article examines why the Internet search company Google Inc. does not have a formal learning strategy for its employees. Topics include the hiring strategy at Google, the importance of personal autonomy of workers at Google, and why Google seeks employees with role-related knowledge....
- How to create esprit de corps in your organization. FEUER, MICHAEL // Smart Business Chicago;Mar2013, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p30
In this article, the author reflects on forming the unity in a team and management of team in a business organization with reference to the term esprit de corps. He mentions that it is the responsibility of the boss to keep every employee on track and prevent them from derailment. He cites an...
- La direcciÃ³n por competencias. Sancho Maldonado, Antonio // Revista Istmo;sep/oct2011, Vol. 53 Issue 316, p26
No abstract available.