How I got where I am today
- Eight key things to focus on for personal productivity. Forsyth, Stewart // NZ Business + Management;Sep2015, Vol. 29 Issue 8, pM5
The article offers step-by-step instructions to focus on professional productivity which include aligning efforts and time with business goal and personal values, observing strengths and skills that contribute to achievement, and being assertive while dealing with other people.
- raising the bar. Frase-Blunt, Martha // HR Magazine;Mar2003, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p74
Focuses on the search of companies for human resource (HR) practitioners who are generalists. Challenge for generalists; Basic skill sets for generalists working in traditional HR organizations; Importance of mastering HR technology systems and the Internet. INSET: Test Your HR Aptitude.
- The next step. // People Management;Sep2015, p57
The article provides an answer to a question of how a Human Resources (HR) manager can advance her career or find a new position at an organization where there is no HR link to business strategy, including how to encourage the organization to invest in her career development.
- The next step. // People Management;Nov2015, p65
The article presents an answer to a question about career development within the human resources (HR) field.
- Professionalism for beginners. James, David // BRW;3/3/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 8, n p99
Presents advice and anecdotes related to business and political professionalism. Requirements for being a true professional; Steps that should be taken by executives to operationalize their goal statement.
- Leap year gets off to a flying start. // Personnel Today;3/11/2008, p50
The article presents a humorous take on the activities which were undertaken by human resource (HR) professionals on February 29, 2008, which is a leap day. It is stated that information technology (IT)-support staff responded in an easy-to-understand and non-patronizing manner to systems...
- HR career issues...?moving up. // Personnel Today;7/21/2009, p8
The article presents an answer to a question on skills and experience needed to make a jump from a mid-level to a senior Human Resource post.
- Complete this sentence…. // People Management;1/27/2011, p46
The article presents the views of Helen Sherwood, human resources (HR) officer of Apex International Hotel, about her career, most embarrassing moment and hated human resource (HR) phrase.
- The next step. // People Management;Mar2015, p55
The article presents advice from career and executive coach and facilitator Maxine Marshall for an inexperienced mature individual interested in starting a career in Human Resources who has completed a Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) course and has a health and social...