IN THE SHADOWS
- FICP Member Profile. // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Jun2013, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p28
An interview with Financial & Insurance Conference Planners (FICP) Southeast chairperson John Cruz is presented. When asked about the biggest challenge he faces as a meeting planner, he refers to the evolving expectations with shrinking budgets and short period of event planning. Cruz adds that...
- A PLANNER'S GUIDE TO SOX. Baraban, Regina // Insurance Conference Planner;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p31
Interviews corporate consultant David Kaufman on the implications of compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) accounting law for meeting planners in the U.S. Views of Kaufman on the importance of SOX compliance for the insurance and financial industries; Effect of Section 404 of SOX on meeting...
- Rising Above THEIR DISABILITIES. // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Oct2005, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p32
Presents an interview with several meeting planners about how they deal with the everyday challenges that their disabilities create. Description of disabilities or illnesses; Personal coping and relieving mechanisms for pain and stress; Challenges of a major meeting.
- tell everyone what a credit union is-and tell again. Freeman, Lisa // Credit Union Journal;1/10/2005, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p17
Focuses on the need to educate the general public, mass media and legislators about credit unions. Efforts of bankers to collaborate with business journals to provide information on credit unions; Need to understand the operations and management; Offer of financial products and services.
- Who do you think you are? // Money Management;6/17/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p28
The article presents the author's views concerning media, in which he states that many former hacks turned financial industry flacks keep suggesting to their customer that launching with media is a good option in Australia.
- Help clients see the bigger picture. Tomlinson, Justine // Mortgage Strategy;4/28/2008, p37
The article reports on the issue of making mortgage customers become more pessimistic about the status of mortgage industry in Great Britain. It states that the media have been accused of portraying the mortgage industry in a negative light that drive consumers to be pessimistic about the...
- Untitled. Farmer, Nancy // Financial & Insurance Meetings;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p61
An interview with Nancy Farmer, senior conference and planning specialist at The Hanover Insurance Group in Worcester, Massachusetts, is presented. She describes how her hotel experience helped her as a meeting planner. She explains the advantages of a strong sponsorship program for the...
- Keeping the tradition. Boerner, Sylvia // Dance Today;Jul2005, Vol. 49 Issue 46, p30
Interviews Blackpool Dance Festival organizer Sandra Wilson regarding the 2005 edition of the Blackpool, England-based festival. History of her career; Types of preparations she performed for the event; Challenge she faced during the organization of the event.
- Member Spotlight: Lindsay Maloni. Hall, Alison // Association Meetings Exclusive Insight;9/2/2011, p6
An interview with Lindsay Maloni, a member of the Financial & Insurance Conference Planners (FICP), is presented. She cites her reason for volunteering as a board member of FICP. According to Maloni, their main goal as members is to increase the visibility of FICP in the meetings industry. She...