Money Coach Deborah Price Finds Keys to Wealth in Client Attitudes
- 3 Financial Planning Scenarios: Which Would You Choose? Kinder, George // Journal of Financial Planning;Oct2013, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p47
The author presents anecdotes to illustrate the value of services offered by financial professionals who are both Certified Financial Planners (CFPs) and Registered Life Planners (RLPs). In the example provided he shows how a client who has consulted with a CFP/RLP gets informed about how he can...
- Advice costs you, and saves you. Evarts, Eric C. // Christian Science Monitor;4/20/98, Vol. 90 Issue 100, pB1
Provides information about financial planners. Factors which push people to seek a financial planner; The benefits which planners can bring to one's finances; Why it is important to learn to do as much as possible in handling your own money; Nonprofit credit-counseling services; Books offering...
- Forward and Back. Asnes, Marion // Financial Planning;Sep2009, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p14
An introduction to the articles published in the magazine is presented including the suggestion on the hiring of a coach to tweak one's practice by Bob Veres, a discussion on the importance of urgency by Glenn Kautt, and "What Works Now," by Marie Swift.
- Planners group gives up fight over `fee only,' offers logo for a price. Van Allen, Peter // American Banker;5/20/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 96, p14
Reports on the National Association of Personal Finance Advisors' compromise trademark which is a recognizable icon with the letters `FO' for the term `fee only.' Use of the icon on stationery and other advertising; Company's filing for trademark protection in January 1997.
- Analyzing Clients' Feelings. // Practical Accountant;Feb2003, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p19
Reports on the view of people on their financial future. Impressions on various financial professionals; Comparison between the confidence of men and women on financial future.
- Evaluating your client's debt position. Siegel, Joel G.; Grippo, Frank // National Public Accountant;Sep93, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p42
Advises accountants on the management of a client's personal debt. Aspect of personal financial planning; Client characteristics; Determining the maximum debt for a client; Tips for debt management; Determining the cost of credit in terms of an annual percentage rate (APR); Payment of loan...
- Medal plan to grade IFAs by profit potential. Greenwood, John // Money Marketing;11/15/2001, p1
Reports that independent financial advisers (IFA) are set to be ranked according to their profitability in terms of gold, silver or bronze, claims Cap Gemini Ernst & Young in Great Britain. Percentage of all business placed by IFA which comes from reinsurance; Functions of customer relationship...
- WORK & HEALTH. // Essence (Time Inc.);
Presents tips for finding the right financial planner. Factors that a planner should understand to be able to give quality advice; Services commonly offered by planners; Importance of verifying credentials.
- Generation Next. Korn, Donald Jay // Financial Planning;Sep99, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p132
Suggests a marketing strategy for financial planners. Components of the strategy; Comments from financial planner Bill Matthews; Opportunity from the next generation of the clients.