HOW I GOT WHERE I AM TODAY
- COMPLETE THIS SENTENCE…. // People Management;7/2/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p50
An interview with Scott McArthur, principal consultant and impact officer of British firm Atos Consulting, is presented. McArthur relates that once he interviewed a rugby league player for a position with British Gas, who broke his chair because of his size, thus they had to finish the interview...
- Three ways to improve work-life balance. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Dec2012, Vol. 91 Issue 11, p17
The article mentions three ways employers can improve their work-life balance practices which will help companies attract and retain staff.
- TROUBLESHOOTER. // People Management;2/21/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p72
The article provides answers to a question of how a management can balance the needs of a key member of its staff who has been diagnosed with cancer with that of the business.
- Work-life Balance Decision-making of Norwegia Students: Implications for Human Resources Management. Gawlik, Remigiusz; Jacobsen, Gorm // Entrepreneurial Business & Economics Review;2016, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p153
Objective: The paper aims at identifying and assessing the significance of work-life balance determinants between the Youth of highly developed societies and its implications for human resources management on the example of Norway. Research Design & Methods: The research target group consists of...
- HUMAN RESOURCES: ATOS CONSULTING WITH DEFENCE LOGISTICS ORGANISATION. // Management Today;Apr2005, following p90
This article reports that Atos Consulting has been awarded a gold by the Management Consultancies Association. The British government told the Defence Logistics Organisation (DLO)--the sole logistics provider for the Royal Navy, Army and Royal Air Force--that it must save 20% of its spend by...
- Managing the Challenges of Professional and Personal Responsibilities. // Managing the Challenges of Professional & Personal Responsibilit;Feb2012, p1
Video Length: Two minutes and 38 seconds. Flexibility is important to keeping employees happy, and allowing them to have a good work-life balance.
- Elusive Work-Life Balance: the Answer is WORKshift. // Business in Calgary;Feb2013, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p108
The article focuses on the concept of work-life balance, which pertains to the balance between the personal and professional lives. It mentions flexible workplace called WORKshift, which focuses on the results of the employees' output and not on the hours they spent in the office. It discusses...
- Talent Retention Is a Global Challenge. Castellano, Stephanie // T+D;Nov2013, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p18
The article looks at the results of a survey done by business skills training firm AchieveGlobal on talent retention issues in different geographical regions. It notes that population shifts have significant effects on retention, particularly in Europe. It lists the top three causes of...
- Midmanagement's influence on work/life programs. Reynolds, Helen Box // Employee Benefits Journal;Dec98, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p44
Suggests how to successfully implement work/life programs for employees. Benefits from work/life programs; Factor most cited as having the greatest influence on the usage of work/life benefits; How a human resource manager can change the attitudes of managers who may be overtly sabotaging...