- IBM, cellular operators create wireless network. Radding, Alan; Fitzgerald, Kate // Advertising Age;6/29/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 26, p33
Reports that IBM Corp. has teamed with at least eight cellular phone companies to create CelluPlaN II, a nationwide wireless communications network. Wireless mobile data communications targeted as the next hot growth area; Apple Computer's Newton, a handhold device that provides computer and...
- IBM maps bold revitalization plans for this fall. Radding, Alan; Wells, Melanie // Advertising Age;8/31/92, Vol. 63 Issue 35, p5
Reports that IBM Corp. is planning at least three major announcements next month to kick off the fall computer season. Backed by major advertising campaigns; Will see IBM and Microsoft taking direct shots at each other; Details of the announcements.
- IBM's Czech Internet promo. // Advertising Age's Euromarketing;8/6/96, Vol. 9 Issue 47, p2
Reports on International Business Machines' launching of a direct mail campaign in the Czech Republic to promote its corporate Internet systems installation service.
- New look for IBM utility unit. // Electrical World;Nov96, Vol. 210 Issue 11, p14
Introduces the new image of International Business Machines Corp.'s Utility and Energy Services unit. Renewal of worldwide industry materials; Website.
- IBM looking for accountants' help. // Practical Accountant;Apr98, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p12
Announces the use of a strategy which is aimed at advancing certified public accountants (CPAs) in technology consulting by International Business Machines Corporation. What the strategy coincides with; Details on the strategy.
- IBM cuts research in physical sciences at Yorktown Heights and Almaden. Sweet, William // Physics Today;Jun93, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p75
Reports on IBM Research's reduction of research in the physical sciences, specially at its Yorktown Heights and Almaden facilities. Early retirement or departure incentive plan; Difficulties of employees in entering the job market; Focus on company-relevant research; Tactical errors...
- IBM creates K-12 customer care center. Kinnaman, Daniel E. // Technology & Learning;Apr95, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p53
Reports on the plan of International Business Machines Corp. (IBM) to open a Customer Care Center for K-12 education. Center as a one-stop information source for teachers and educators interest in and involved with technology; Contact information.
- IBM denies headquarters sale, but downsizing will continue. Jordan, John // Westchester County Business Journal;1/24/94, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p3
Reveals that the International Business Machines Corp. (IBM) denied having plans of selling its Armonk headquarters in Westchester County, New York. Reduction of IBM's corporate divisional staff as part of its downsizing program; Armonk property of IBM up for substantial offer; Economic...
- IBM selects conceptual design for new Armonk headquarters. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;7/17/95, Vol. 34 Issue 29, p6
Reports on International Business Machines Corp.'s (IBM) selection of a conceptual design for its headquarters building in Armonk, New York. Details on IBM's draft environmental impact statement (DEIS); Views of Greg Clement, partner with Kohn Pedersen Fox; Plans of the Department of...