Next MEDC chief's focus: technology, entrepreneurs
- Report Warns of Fiscal Risks of Prairie State Coal Project. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/30/2012, Vol. 121 Issue 33774, p1
The article presents information on the risk concerning the coal project of the Prairie State Energy in Illinois to the economic development of the U.S. The coal project will cover 17 states including Illinois, Indiana, Ohio and Michigan. Information on the role of the Institute for Energy...
- Why Corporations and Businesses Need Sustainability Lawyers. // Sustainability: The Journal of Record;Feb2009, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p28
An interview with Max Miller, co-chairman of Sustainability Practice Group, is presented. When asked about the significance of a sustainability lawyer on most corporation, Miller refers to the lawyers as advisors. He emphasizes that the renewable energy side of the practice involves...
- ENVIRONMENTAL UPDATE. Hughes, Dennis // Share Guide;Jan/Feb2005, Issue 77, p106
The article presents an interview with U.S. Congressman Dennis Kucinich, a Democrat from Ohio. Kucinich expresses his opinions on environmental issues. He emphasizes on the use of renewable sources of energy and says that it will help in economic development as well. He calls for local energy...
- CEED study spurns renewables. // Power Engineering;Jul95, Vol. 99 Issue 7, p5
Reports on a study `Energy Choices in a Competitive Era: The Role of Renewable and Traditional Energy Resources in America's Electric Generation Mix,' from the Center for Energy and Economic Development (CEED) which exposes the reality of free energy from renewables in the United States. ...
- Renewable energy projects spring up around region. Patch, Doug // New Hampshire Business Review;4/30/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p14A
Reports on the renewable energy projects in the U.S. Promotion of the new wind industry; Economic benefit of the wind farm; Approval of the voluntary renewable energy program.
- A Director's Perspective. // Public Citizen News;Sep2011, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p10
The article presents an interview with Tom Smith, the director of Public Citizen organization office located in Texas who discusses her role in organization office for wind power industry, coal plants and use of other sustainable energy plans in the state.
- Bright Future For Alternative Energy Debt? C. J. C. // Bank Loan Report;6/9/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p2
The author reflects on the future provided by alternative energy companies to its debt market. She argues that the increasing coal prices become a catalyst to build a public support to propel the needs in financing the alternative energy. An overview of the insights justifying the need to...
- Investing in this Stagnant Economy: Public Markets. Fried, Rona // Solar Today;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p20
Interviews several executives concerning issues in investment in the renewable energy sector during the stagnant economic conditions in the U.S. and Europe. Launch of energy efficiency tool; Investment opportunities in small cap stocks; Selection of a financially stable company.
- Interview with an Angel Investor: Joshua Lampl, EcoElectron Ventures. Fried, Rona // Solar Today;May/Jun2003, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p32
Interviews EcoElectron Ventures investor Joshua Lampl. Reason for Lampl's interest in investing in clean energy; Practices in making company investments; Summarization of the private side in sustainability investing; Business forecast; Recommendations for investors who want to get involved as...