Third-Party Sexual Harassment: Commonplace and Laden with Liability
- Think you solved harassment problem? Check back to make sure it really worked. // HR Specialist: Pennsylvania Employment Law;Jun2012, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p3
The article offers the author's insight on the court case Hall v. Guardsmark dealing with employer management of sexual harassment complains from employees.
- the reference desk. Catterall, Susan // AALL Spectrum;Sep2010, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p17
The article provides an answer to a question of how to handle questions concerning a former manager who sexually harassed an employee.
- Preventing Sexual Harassment Complaints Based on Hostile Work Environments. Lewis, Kathryn E.; Johnson, Pamela R. // SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075);Spring91, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p21
Discusses ways to prevent sexual harassment complaints based on hostile work environments in the United States. Provisions under the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission on sexual harassment; Statistics on harassment cases; Costs of sexual harassment.
- Eastern Europe: Sexual harassment hard to fight. // Off Our Backs;Feb2000, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p3
Reports on the high incidence of sexual harassment among working women in Czech Republic. Hostility faced by Dagmar Frysakova, the first Czech woman to win a sexual harassment lawsuit, which forced the victim to leave the university where her assailant continued to work after an eight-month...
- Harassment stopped on its own; did supervisor still have to investigate? // Legal Alert for Supervisors;2/15/2013, Vol. 8 Issue 186, p4
The article focuses on a case wherein an employee sued for sexual harassment which stopped on its own when she got pregnant.
- Damage control. Perry, Phillip M. // American Nurseryman;05/01/98, Vol. 187 Issue 9, p62
Discusses information on how to protect business and employees from a sexual harassment lawsuit. Two forms of sexual harassment; Seven workplace situations that the employers should be aware; How to handle the situations to prevent a lawsuit from being brought against the company. INSET: An...
- High court's ruling addresses difficult situations. Scott, Niki // San Diego Business Journal;03/30/98, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p41
Presents letters from people who experienced sexual harassment in the workplace. Laws on sexual harassment; US Supreme Court's ruling on sexual harassment between persons of the same sex.
- Sexual harassment suit against brokerage office settled... // Insurance Advocate;06/06/98, Vol. 109 Issue 23, p22
Reports on the settlement of the sexual harassment case between BWD Group Limited's vice president Michael Cooperstein and a partner named Archie Wilkins and its female employees. How much BWD has agreed to pay; Other terms agreed on the settlement; Cooperstein and Wilkins' engagement in...
- Take action to separate, investigate as soon as you hear sexual harassment allegations. // HR Specialist: North Carolina Employment Law;Dec2010, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p3
The article discusses the claim on sexual harassment among employees, which notes the case of Pamela Coward of Food Lion company.