This Wolfe isn't in sheep's clothing
- The politics of drug safety. // Multinational Monitor;Sep99, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p23
Interviews Doctor Sidney Wolfe concerning the politics of drug safety. Origins of the United States drug regulatory system; Authority of the US Food and Drug Administration; Problems from inadequate drug regulatory system.
- FDA is criticised for hinting at looser conflict of interest rules. Lenzer, Jeanne // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;8/13/2011, Vol. 343 Issue 7819, p338
No abstract available.
- Ethics group wants FDA to drop two tobacco panel advisers over 'conflicts'. Pecquet, Julian // Hill;6/8/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 63, p18
The article reports that good-government group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington is urging the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to dismiss two members of its advisory panel on tobacco products for financial conflicts of interests.
- Conflicts of Interest Among Patient and Consumer Representatives to U.S. Food and Drug Administration Drug Advisory Committees. Graham, S. Scott; Card, Daniel J.; Seokhoon Ahn; Sang-Yeon Kim; Kessler, Molly M.; Olson, Michelle K.; Ahn, Seokhoon; Kim, Sang-Yeon // Annals of Internal Medicine;10/18/2016, Vol. 165 Issue 8, p606
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Measuring conflict of interest and expertise on FDA advisory committees" by N. Ackerly in the December 10, 2013 issue.
- Q and A: Dr. Sidney Wolfe, co-founder and director of Public Citizen's Health Research Group. // Public Citizen News;Jul2011, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p10
An interview with the director of the Health Research Group of the Public Citizen organization, Sidney Wolfe is presented. When asked about his inspiration for working on danÂgerous drugs, he refers to his experiences at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) where he found that many unsafe...
- FDA goes after illegal Cipro Web sites. Dickinson, James G. // Medical Marketing & Media;Dec2001, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p22
Reports on the issuance of warning letters to foreign Web site operators selling illegal generic ciprofloxacin in the U.S. Protection to the public from harmful drugs; Inability of the Food and Drugs Administration to determine the specification of the drugs marketed by the Web sites.
- Drug Safety Concerns Shape Manufacturing Policy. Wechsler, Jill // Pharmaceutical Technology Europe;Mar2002, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p13
Reports on the move of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to improve processes for evaluating the risk factors in new drug candidates and for tracking and evaluating adverse events once a product is on the market. Effect of the campaign of the agency on the manufacturing process of the...
- Drug Safety Alerts Almost Double. J. G. D. // Medical Marketing & Media;Jun2012, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p32
The article focuses on a report released by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) which reflects the increase of drug safety alerts in the country in 2011.
- Drug safety provisions in US and Europe outshine Canada. Silversides, Ann // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;1/12/2010 Supplement, Vol. 182, pE23
The article reports that new drug safety provisions are earning profits in the U.S. and Europe but the legislation to introduce new regulations in Canada are getting weakened. It is stated that U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is taking drug safety to a higher level and several new...