- What is the Place of Spirituality in Business? Harrington, Donald J. // Review of Business;Fall98, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p4
Focuses on the role of spirituality in business. Nexus between spirituality and business; Discussion of business ethics; Examples of business situations where ethical decision is made based on the context of life.
- Working on the Wiring: Preventing Ethical Failures in Socially Responsible Businesses. Giampetro-Meyer, Andrea // Review of Business;Fall98, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p8
Socially responsible businesses should be encouraged to make regular assessment and self-criticism a priority, which in turn will make them less vulnerable to destructive criticism. Socially responsible businesses have experienced serious ethical failures and lapses, and there are many factors...
- Social Responsibility and the Corporation. Anderson Jr., Jerry W. // Business Horizons;Jul/Aug86, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p22
Focuses on the social responsibility of business industries. Factors to consider in performing social responsibility programs; Correlation between moral-ethical standards and legal compliance; Phases undergone by successfully implemented social programs.
- Global Rules for Corporate Accountability. Phillips, Matt // Multinational Monitor;Oct/Nov2002, Vol. 23 Issue 10/11, p12
Discusses proposals for the global rules of corporate accountability. Rights of redress for citizens and communities adversely affected by corporate activities; Duties recommended to be imposed by the convention on publicly traded companies; Elements essential for a corporate accountability...
- Unethical behavior unlikely to be tied to entrepreneurship. Stearns, Timothy M. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/25/2002, Issue 322999, p14
Comments on a rash of news reports regarding illegal and questionable business practices. Proof that there is no evidence that entrepreneurs are the ones engaging in unethical behavior.
- Business ethics and corporate responsibility. Butler, Stephen // Vital Speeches of the Day;07/01/97, Vol. 63 Issue 18, p559
Presents a speech by the chief executive officer of KPMG Peat Marwick given before an awards luncheon to recognize 100 Florida companies on February 28, 1997 dealing with corporate ethics and responsibility.
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: A CHECKLIST FOR MANAGERS. Rotondi Jr., Thomas // Industrial Management;Nov/Dec79, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p10
Presents a checklist to guide managers in identifying appropriate areas of social responsibility. Responsibilities to consumers, employees, disadvantaged persons, communities, educators, environmentalists and governments.
- Corporate Morality. Novak, Michael // Orange County Business Journal;5/12/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p59
Discusses the need for U.S. corporations to meet moral responsibilities. Effect of corporations' fulfillment of moral obligations on the society; Characteristics that should be developed by corporations in the country.
- Understanding cultural traditions is critical when doing business with the Newly Independent States. Plock, Ernest // Business America;Oct94, Vol. 115 Issue 10, p14
Focuses on the importance of appreciation of the negotiating style and substance of conducting business for any commercial strategy with business people or government officials of the Newly Independent States (NIS) of the former Soviet Union. Conducting of business during social events;...