Dan Candura: From Road Warrior to Solo Practitioner
- Dan Candura on Succession Planning, the Workplace Market, and Ethical Challenges. Schulaka, Carly // Journal of Financial Planning;May2015, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p14
An interview with Certified Financial planner (CFP) practitioner Dan Candura. He answers how his previous experience of being a schoolteacher has helped him in the profession of financial planning. He presents the pros and cons of being a solo practitioner and recommends collaborative efforts....
- Media Savvy: Getting It and Using It to Build a Practice. Newton, Catherine // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p88
Presents an interview with three planners and public relation consultants on the importance of media as a marketing strategy. Views of Deborah Voso on the significance of advertising on marketing; Accounts on the popularity of executive Brian Orol at the Financial Planning Association; Insights...
- Building a Practice for Sale. Cook, Randall David // Financial Planning;Feb2002, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p81
Interviews financial planner Mark Tibergien. Implications of a disciplined approach to practice management for financial planners; Importance of staffing to the building of a strong firm; Grades advisers receive for managing their practice; Significance of having a succession plan to advisers....
- Take It To The Bank. // Financial Planning;Jan2003, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p82
Interviews several financial planners. Information on their outlook for 2003; Precautionary measures that they will take; Challenges faced by planners.
- What a financial planner can do for clients. Corbin, David // Fort Worth Business Press;08/11/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p11
Interviews certified financial planner licensee Barbara Shields about financial planning. Times that people should have a financial plan done or updated; Role of the financial planner; Most important thing that a financial planner can do for someone; Value of training as certified trust and...
- Interviewing Clients. Cook, Randall David // Financial Planning;Dec2001, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p79
Interviews financial planner Bill Bachrach about client interviewing. Development of client interviewing skills; Suggestions for planners when preparing for their first interview with a client; Ways for planners to measure their interviewing skills.
- Squeezing Profits Out of Practices. Newton, Catherine // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p80
Interviews four financial planners on profitability in financial planning. Challenges faced in maintaining or increasing profit margins; How profits are measured; Strategies for increasing profits.
- Holistic Planning. Cook, Randall David // Financial Planning;Oct2001, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p73
Interviews financial planner Dick Wagner, owner of the advisory firm WorthLiving. Views on adopting a holistic approach to financial planning; Overview of a holistic approach to financial planning; Challenges faced by his clients.
- Our mission Your success. // Tennessee Tribune;3/31/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p14A
An interview with C. J. Hayden, a social venture advisor to entrepreneurs, is presented, in which he offers suggestions on how to grow own earned income stream.