Letting Go: When Planners and Clients Part Ways
- Library Now Available As Windows Software. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;6/7/99, Vol. 103 Issue 23, p17
Presents information on Text Library System, a software created by the Financial Planning Consultants, Inc. for use by financial planning professionals. Features of the product.
- Communicate to Generate Referrals. Denavit, Charise // Journal of Financial Planning;May/Jun2011 Practice Management Sol, p30
The article presents the strategies that financial planners might consider to build relationships with clients. It relays the role of technology in helping financial planners conduct transactions with their clients. The author conveys the need for planners to show the human side of their...
- Woody Young and Glenda Kemple Cover Their Bases: Team Concept a Winner. Opiela, Nancy // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2000, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p104
This article provides information on Quest Capital Management Inc., a financial planning firm based in Dallas, Texas. Quest Capital was founded by Woody Young and Glenda Kemple, both financial planners. The company has 26 employees and is considered one of the largest independent financial...
- May-December Matchmaking. Wine, Elizabeth // Financial Planning;May2014, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p41
The article discusses the issue of succession planning in the financial advisory industry, particularly in the U.S. Also cited are the benefits of hiring young talents like the possibility of a succession plan that safeguard existing clients and they could bring in clients their own age, as well...
- Successful Networking. Sinderbrand, Gary // Advisor Today;Aug2006, Vol. 101 Issue 8, p52
The article offers steps that would ensure successful networking and a steady stream of superior prospective clients in the financial planning industry.
- Para troupers. Cann, Nick // Money Marketing;12/16/2010, p24
In this article the author discusses the role of paraplanners on financial planning businesses.
- ISN attacks FPA insurance commissions stance. Beaman, Lucinda // Money Management;3/25/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p5
The article reports on the move of the Industry Super Network (ISN) in attacking the statement on the retention of insurance commissions of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) in Australia as proof that the financial advice industry cannot self-regulate against conflicts of interest.
- Planners face new rules on tax advice. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;2/17/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p5
No abstract available.
- Wayward trailing commissions. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;9/22/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p2
The article reports on the opt-in approach of the government of Canberra, Australian Capital Territory (ACT), which is a difficult task to end the trailing commissions of the financial planning industry and imposes undue costs on financial planners with no trailing exposures.