Q&A: Acumen Fund's Big Ambition
- "Our Actions Impact People All Over the World" // Glamour;Jun2010, Vol. 108 Issue 6, p166
An interview with Jacqueline Novogratz, the founder of the nonprofit organization the Acumen Fund, is presented. Novogratz discusses her book, "The Blue Sweater: Bridging the Gap Between Rich and Poor in an Interconnected World." She shares her philosophy about global poverty. She details the...
- John Freisinger. St. Cyr, Peter // Albuquerque: The Magazine;Nov2011, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p186
An interview with John Freisinger, chief executive officer (CEO) of Technology Ventures Corp. (TVC), is presented. When asked how Technology Ventures started in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Freisinger says the nonprofit group was established by Lockheed Martin Corporation in 1993. He comments on...
- A Closer Look at a Business Renaissance Executive: An Interview with Vanya Rohner. // Business Renaissance Quarterly;Winter2011, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p7
An interview with Vanya Rohner, Chief Executive Officer at nonprofit organization Consider Source, is presented. She mentions that her passion of learning, teaching and sharing throughout her life as a stockbroker and estate liquidator has helped her earn money. She focuses on team work that...
- PM HAS A DRINK WITH...MARTIN BAKER. // People Management;Feb2016, p16
The article presents an interview with Charity Learning Consortium (CLC) and GivebackUK chief executive officer (CEO) and founder Martin Baker who discusses the creation of the learning and development (L&D) platform, the aim of the nonprofit GivebackUK, and challenges faced by L&D professionals.
- MEET THIRD SECTOR READER Nicole Graham. // Third Sector (18363466);Oct2013, Issue 22, p9
The article presents an interview with Nicole Graham, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Spastic Centres of South Australia, in which she discusses her achievements in the not-for-profit (NFP) sector, challenges for the NFP sector, and people with disabilities.
- Liquor Marketing Group. Misener, Doug // National Liquor News;Feb2008, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p48
An interview with Doug Misener, CEO at Liquor Marketing Group (LMG) in Australia, is presented. When asked about the strengths of the group, he mentions the operation of a full service model, operating its own warehousing and distribution, and its category as a Not for Profit (NFP) organization....
- ONE MINUTE WITH Belinda Sullivan. // BRW;5/22/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p54
The article presents an interview with Belinda Sullivan, chief executive The Eye Foundation in Australia. She talked about the challenges of being a chief executive of a non-profit organization. She claims that her biggest achievement as chief executive was reaching her vision to rebuild every...
- View from the Trenches: an Interview with HL7's Charles Jaffe, M.D. Updegrove, Andrew // Standards Today;Jan2009, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p39
An interview with Health Level 7 (HL7) chief executive officer (CEO) Charles Jaffe is presented. When asked about the historical role of HL7 in the standards area, Jaffe notes that it was founded at the University of Pennsylvania in 1987 with the aim of facilitating the exchange of...
- 60. Minnix, Larry // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Mar2015, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p4
The article presents an interview with chief executive officer (CEO) Larry Minnix of the nonprofit organization LeadingAge who discusses his decision of taking retirement, changing role of non-profit organizations and an advice for next CEO.