- BULLDOG COUNTRY. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);8/11/2011, Vol. 114 Issue 32, p7B
Photographs of several football and basketball players of Edgewood Bulldog Teams are presented.
- Some hard earned recognition. Craig, Wayne // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);10/24/2012, Vol. 139 Issue 43, p1B
In this article, the author informs the performance of sports people related to football and basketball in Texas.
- VOICE OF THE FAN. // Sporting News;9/30/2002, Vol. 226 Issue 39, p4
Presents the fans' views on various sports. Reactions to the best 100 National Football League players list of 'The Sporting News'; Commendation of the article on Ricky Williams; Shock upon learning the absence of National Basketball Association star players from the World Championships.
- Leader. Peck, Chris // Cabinet Maker;6/13/2014, Issue 5888, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including football players, trade shows, and the importance of support of success in business.
- Bilateral and reciprocal relation between extensor and flexor knee strength in football and basketball players. Muhamed, Tabaković; Elvir, Kazazović; Munir, Talović; Senad, Turković // Homo Sporticus;Jun2009, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p33
The purpose of this study was to examine the peak torque, total work as well as bilateral and reciprocal relation between extensor and flexor muscles of dynamic knee stabilizers The examinees who took part in this study were students of Faculty of Sport and Physical Education from Sarajevo. 30...
- Stretch Elliott. Sanchez, Ray // El Pasos Greatest Sports Heroes I Have Known;1989, p52
The article profiles football player Carlton Elliott from El Paso, Texas. Born on November 12, 1927, he was well coordinated and excelled in basketball, football and baseball. In 1945, he entered Temple University and started half the time at end on both offense and defense in football. He was...
- sports funnies. // National Geographic Kids;Mar2006, Issue 358, p30
Several photographs of athletes in funny position including an umpire who got caught in the middle of a pileup of football players and a basketball player who dangles from the rim after dunking a basketball.
- Two Serious Weight Training Injuries. // Sports, Parks & Recreation Law Reporter;Mar2010, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p64
The article reports on the serious weight training injuries obtained by a basketball player who forward broke his arm during weightlifting activities in October, 2009 and a college football player who recently needed throat surgery after a weightlifting bar fell on his throat.
- 19TH HOLE: THE READERS TAKE OVER. // Sports Illustrated;11/26/1973, Vol. 39 Issue 22, p150
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "They Always Go Home Again," by Rick Telander in the November 12, 1973 issue, "In It Just for Kicks," by Tex Maule in the November 5, 1973 issue and "Two's a Great Day for the Irish," by Pat Putnam...