Microsoft's Wireless Future
- THE .NET EFFECTS. // InfoWorld;03/12/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p39
Forecasts the growth of Web services. Efforts of Microsoft in the development and marketing of Internet services; Companies with similar goals; Development of Web services software.
- PC-ification of the Net. McGarvey, Joe // Inter@ctive Week;08/09/99, Vol. 6 Issue 32, p40
Stresses the impact of Microsoft Corp. on the Internet industry. Move towards the separation of network software and network hardware; Emergence of network processors; Replacement of voice switches with Internet Protocol-based gateways.
- Wolf at the portal? Sacharow, Anya // Brandweek;02/09/98, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p51
Details the interest of Microsoft in providing online service. Implication of Microsoft's entrance into the Web site segment; Brief information on the subscribers of Microsoft; Background information on several gateways in the Internet.
- MSN will still rely on ad deals despite subscription roll-out. Carter, Ben // New Media Age;7/25/2002, p7
Reports that MSN UK has reaffirmed that it will continue to rely on marketing and advertising deals with major brands as its primary revenue stream. Additional number of users to its premium Hotmail service without any marketing outside of the MSN network; Reaction of Stuart Anderson, MSN UK...
- Damned if they do... // eWeek;9/10/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p48
Present opinions on several issues concerning Internet technology in the United States. Question on the openness of Microsoft Corp. to competition; Correspondence of consultant Joaquin Garrido defending the case of Microsoft; Comments on the letter 'Spam I Am' dated August 27, 2001.
- Databases may see convergence. Dyck, Timothy // eWeek;9/16/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p40
Focuses on the convergence of computer databases for web services. Intersection of client data access technology; Advantages of Microsoft Corp's SQL Server 2000; Application of XML database on web services.
- WHAT'S WRONG WITH PRESSPLAY. PETERSEN, SCOT // eWeek;1/7/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p35
Focuses on the problems concerning internet industry in the United States. Subscription fee for a supposed to be free trial in Pressplay.com; Need for a passport in signing up for MSN online service; Limitations in downloading materials in the site.
- SetUp. // eWeek;09/04/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 36, p69
Focuses on developments related to the Internet strategy of United States-based Microsoft Corp., current as of September 4, 2000. Back end of the Microsoft .Net initiative; Information on a Web-based radio show.
- Bring on the first witness. Malanga, Steve // Crain's New York Business;04/26/99, Vol. 15 Issue 17, p9
Presents a hypothetical situation at the start of the millennium illustrating the impact of Microsoft Corp.'s decision to dump data into the Internet on stock trading in the United States. Microsoft's dumping of data in order to comply with a Justice Department antitrust ruling; Decline in all...