Nurturing the Intrapreneurial Spirit
- The rise of intelligent organization. Brown, Tom // Industry Week/IW;3/7/94, Vol. 243 Issue 5, p16
Features an interview with authors Gifford and Elizabeth Pinchot. Background on the Pinchots; Book entitled `The End of Bureaucracy and the Rise of Intelligent Organization'; Opinions on management structure and style; Formation of Pinchot & Co.
- The Changing Workforce of the Chemical Industry. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/3/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 22, p40
Presents an interview with several chief executive officers in the U.S. chemical industry on the changing workforce in the industry. Information on a study on investing in leadership development; Factors that influence leaders to develop skills to deal with rapid change and expectations;...
- Knowing the task. // Estates Gazette;11/20/2004 Focus Supplement, p33
Interviews Mike Shields, chief executive of Manchester: Knowledge Capital, on his plans to bring innovation to Manchester, England in 2004. Skills acquired by Shields that will benefit his current role; Information on knowledge capital; Major economic challenges facing Manchester in the future.
- VIEWPOINT. // Test & Measurement World;Jun2003, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p60
Presents an interview with Keithley Instruments chief executive officer Joseph P. Keithley about the challenges faced by test engineers from emerging technologies. Company's equipment for testing fuel cells; Measurement challenges associated with nanotechnology.
- News. // Electronics Weekly;9/5/2012, Issue 2518, p14
An interview with Dave Bell, chief executive officer (CEO) of Intersil Corp., is presented. When asked about the biggest opportunity in terms of technology and/or markets in 2012, he considers pico projectors and active cables among the top 10 growth drivers. He says that everyone in the...
- New Viega CEO puts emphasis on training and product innovation. Miodonski, Bob // Supply House Times;Jan2014, Vol. 56 Issue 11, p22
An interview with chief executive officer (CEO) Dave Garlow of Viega LLC in Wichita, Kansas is presented. When asked about his order of business as Viega's new leader, he points to the company's focus on new product and services, customer support, and commitment to the community. He expects that...
- Insider's Look at 'Superchips' Grove, Andrew S. // Design News;8/7/89, Vol. 45 Issue 15, p146
Interviews Andrew S. Grove, president and CEO of Intel Corp., regarding the developments in semiconductor technology in the U.S. Role of the 860 chip in enhancing the performance of engineering workstations; Significance of reduced instruction set computing in the chip design; Target marketing...
- 5 QUESTIONS WITH. // Inventors' Digest;Nov2010, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p41
An interview with Brightidea Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Matt Greeley is presented. When asked about his views on open innovation, he states that people realize that there are numerous smart individuals out there and they fail to bring in creative and original ideas. Greeley states that one of...
- IBM Global Study Sees New Role For R&D Leaders. Weems, Melvin; Wolff, M. F. // Research Technology Management;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p4
The article reports that IBM has conducted the Global CEO Study that took a comprehensive look at the perception of global leaders on innovation. The study is based on in-person interviews with business executives and public sector leaders from different industries and geographic regions. The...