ONE LAST CHANCE TO SAVE MANKIND
- Interview: James Lovelock. Vince, Gaia // New Scientist;1/24/2009, Vol. 201 Issue 2692, p30
An interview with James Lovelock, the originator of the Gaia theory, is presented. He argues that a work to sequester carbon dioxide is a crazy idea and dangerous and it would take so long and use so much energy that it will not be done. He mentions whether he still advocates nuclear power as a...
- LIVING PLANET. Lovelock, James // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Aug2000, Vol. 72 Issue 8, p25
Interviews James Lovelock, the theorist who conceptualized the Gaia Theory. Comments on the acceptability of the Gaia theory since its publication in 1979; Views on environmental problems on Earth; Impact of the emergence of the Gaia theory.
- We Can't Fool Mother Nature. Labonté, Richard // Publishers Weekly;6/19/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 25, p50
The article presents an interview with author James Lovelock about his book The Revenge of Gaia. When asked about his view of gaia, he says he views it as a self-regulating organism. He thinks nuclear power is a good solution for certain countries like Great Britain and Germany. He also says the...
- FUEL FOR THOUGHT. // Energy & Environment;2010, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p115
The article offers information related to carbon energy on environment, nuclear developments, and climate policy. The tree planting project in Great Britain aims to help reduce carbon emissions. An international partnership to assist the architectural challenges of the new nuclear projects is...
- True Green Policies To Be Safe From Kyoto. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;1/7/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p4
Comments on the Kyoto Protocol to regulate global climate by reducing energy use. Claim of Germany that it cannot afford to reduce carbon dioxide emissions without resorting to nuclear energy; Claim that the 40% reduction in carbon dioxide emissions has no scientific basis.
- Science that matters. // Nature Climate Change;Oct2014, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p841
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including carbon dioxide emission mitigation, the policy discussions of the organization the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, and the development of practice on climate science.
- WORLD REVOLUTION. // Adbusters;Jan/Feb2016, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p98
The article informs non-profit organization billionpeoplemarch will organize awareness campaign on December 19, 2015 for creating awareness climatic change and reduce carbon dioxide emission.
- ON THE ROAD TO PARIS. Jordan, John // Adbusters;Jan/Feb2016, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p105
The article offers information on Klima Camp, a temporary model which aims to create awareness about climatic change and reduce carbon dioxide emission.
- NucIear power 'is Europe's best bet'. // Modern Power Systems;Feb2013, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p8
The article reports on the findings of the analysis from Frost & Sullivan European Nuclear Power Sector in 2013, which suggests that nuclear energy is considered as the best solutions for aggressive European Union (EU) reduction targets on carbon dioxide emissions and fossil fuels.