How I got where I am today
- The Side with the Best Leader Wins. Lutz, Robert A. // Executive Excellence;Aug99, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p11
Describes how business leaders challenge employees to achieve by creating a compelling vision of the future and then unlocking their potential. Human psychological constructs involved in marketing; Development of professional competence; Respect for political realities.
- The Effects of Firm Strategy on the Level and Structure of Executive Compensation. Singh, Parbudyal; Agarwal, Naresh C. // Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences (Canadian Journal of;Mar2002, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p42
Presents a study that provided additional insights on the determination of executive compensation in Canada. Review of related literature; Discussion on identifiable strategic orientations that affect business management; Effects of firm strategy on the level and structure of chief executive...
- Managers of small firms challenge stereotypes. Baron, Angela // People Management;02/09/95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p59
Describes the findings of the research on how much the managers of small and medium-sized enterprises know about modern personnel management practices and their relevance to business needs. Managers recognition of the management theory; Discrepancy between the importance of managers; Variety...
- PAGE FOUR...HRD PEOPLE--'YOU'RE WORTH YOUR WEIGHT IN GOLD!' Cook, Michael H. // Training & Development Journal;Jul80, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p4
Focuses on the growing demand for human resource and development (HRD) executives. Types of HRD jobs being offered and the salaries that go with them; Growing importance for human resources people in the upper levels of management.
- Instilling the Worth Ethic. Ludeman, Kate // Training & Development Journal;May90, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p53
Presents guidelines for improving managers' treatment and care of their employees. Need for managers to change their attitudes about themselves; Active listening; Concept of caring leadership; Support for creativity and innovation. INSET: The CHANGING Process.
- Dear Andy,. Denka, Andy // Business Credit;Jun2009, Vol. 111 Issue 6, p31
The article provides an answer to a question on how to be more supportive manager.
- Executive Briefing. Leonard, Bill // HRMagazine;Feb99, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p12
Presents information on some studies on executives and personnel management. Information from the study `Diversity on U.S. Boards: Broadening the Profile of Corporate Boards'; Percentage of chief executives polled who believe that they will play an active part in a corporate acquisition; Role...
- Grooming Next-Millennium Leaders. Byham, William C. // HRMagazine;Feb99, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p46
Offers suggestions on developing next-generation of corporate leaders to cope with increasing leader shortage. Factors that depleted a pool of middle managers; Difference between succession planning and succession management; What a succession management includes.
- Keen to move to managerial role. Beagrie, Scott // Personnel Today;9/24/2002, p41
No abstract available.