'We like developing people who've got the business under their fingernails.'
- Morrisons plan to train all staff on checkouts divides opinion. // Grocer;1/11/2014, Vol. 237 Issue 8137, p9
The article reports on Morrisons Supermarkets PLC' plan to train all staff to be able to work on its checkouts to better respond to customers' needs.
- Morrisons to offer 20,000 places for new apprentices. // People Management;2/11/2010, p11
The article reports that supermarket chain Morrisons has announced that 5,500 staff members have signed up to participate in government-backed apprenticeship schemes.
- Morrisons gets set to rival sandwich chains. Leek, Martyn // British Baker;11/13/2015, p9
The article reports on a decline posted by supermarket chain Morrisons Supermarkets PLC in like-for-like sales (LFLs) in the 13 weeks to November 1, 2015. The supermarket chain said its third-quarter total sales were also down by 2% excluding fuel. The company plans to train around 1,000...
- Swindon depot goes in Morrisons consolidation. // Motor Transport;7/11/2011, p4
The article focuses on the plan of Morrisons Supermarkets PLC of consolidating its Swindon depot and its effort to look into the welfare of the affected staff.
- Morrisons saves Â£3.4m by getting staff to go 'green'. // Personnel Today;5/20/2008, p2
The article reports that supermarket chain Morrisons has trained more than 110,000 staff in energy awareness as part of a drive to drastically reduce its carbon footprint. The training program has resulted in a 5% reduction in energy use across the group, equating to savings of just under Â£3.4m.
- Developing competitive advantage through customer service. // Times 100 Case Studies;2014, p1
The article presents a case study of the customer service of food retail company Wm Morrisons Supermarkets PLC. The key components of the company's customer service are discussed, including information, after-sales service, and convenience. Also provided is information regarding the contribution...
- Morrisons to create 5,000 jobs in 2009. // Personnel Today;1/20/2009, p3
The article reports that the supermarket retail chain Morrison Supermarket PLC is planning to create 5,000 jobs in 2009, and train 18,000 people through its new Fresh Food Academy. It states that the Fresh Food Academy will allow workers to gain qualifications that will take them on a five-step...
- Small victory against Morrisons. // Convenience Store;10/26/2012, p10
The article reports that giant supermarket chain Morrisons has withdrawn its request to build a petrol station with forecourt store located near its 500,000 square-feet superstore in Houghton Regis in Bedfordshire, England, due to widespread protests from local retailers.
- Morrisons Plans Online Service. // MMR;4/15/2013, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p26
The article reports that Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC, a food retailer located in Bradford, England plans to launch an online operation service in Great Britain.