Richard Salmen on Regulation, the Financial Crisis, and Planners as Leaders
- The Shrinking World. Volava, Jr., G. Joseph // Financial Planning;Oct99, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p260
Focuses on the financial services industry. Forecast on the growth of the industry; Importance of the Internet; Services being offered by the Financial Planning Association.
- Change in government will not stop reform. // Money Management;7/29/200, Vol. 24 Issue 27, p4
The article reports on the commitment of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) to the reform in the Australian financial services industry.
- Forward Addresses. Koreto, Richard J. // Financial Planning;Jan2002, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p104
Presents the insights of financial organization leaders on the state of financial planning services in the U.S. for 2002. Robert Barry, president of the Financial Planning Association; Elaine Bedel, chair of the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards; Steve Kanaly, chair of the National...
- FOFA lobbying intensifies. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;3/15/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p8
The article reports on the move of the Association of Financial Advisers and the Financial Planning Association to intensify their lobbying on the Future of Financial Advice (FOFA) in Australia.
- Why the big rush on TASA? Taylor, Mike // Money Management;5/30/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p2
The author reflects on the Australian Parliament's effort to pass the Tax Agents Services Act (TASA), which the Financial Planning Association (FPA) argued to be delayed due to its complex impact on financial planners and the industry.
- Flight To Fees Not Taking Off. Winograd, Jeffrey L. // Financial Planning;Jul2000, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p22
Highlights the report released by the Financial Planning Association (FPA) which revealed that the predicted shift from transaction-based compensation to fee-based programs for the financial services industry has not surfaced. Compensation received by investment advisers from asset-based fees;...
- Lighting up a Sydney night. // Money Management;12/6/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 46, p16
Several photographs are presented which highlight the activities and attendees at the 2007 Financial Planning Association (FPA) Conference held in Sydney, New South Wales.
- FPA ready for hurdles ahead. Dieters, Corinna // Money Management;1/26/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p12
The article comments on the status of the Australian Financial Planning Association, following a significant financial loss and organizational restructuring. The author asserts that the organization has coped with various problems and is currently moving forward. She commends Kerrie Kelly and...
- CFP status separated from FPA principals. // Money Management;5/25/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p4
The article reports on the plan of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) to scrap the requirement for Certified Financial Planners (CFP) to be employed by an Australian Financial Services licensee that is a principal member of the FPA in Australia. The FPA board is aiming to enforce the...