OSAC and the Security 50,000
- A Vision and an Ad Hoc Solution. Snyder, Jim // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Nov2015, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p72
The article discusses the challenges faced by the Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC), created under the U.S. Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA) to promote security cooperation between the private sector and the U.S. government against challenges encountered in operating overseas. It...
- Danger Routine for Middle East Workers. Young, Deborah // Wireless Review;11/1/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p8
Discusses the security measures for the telecommunication workers in the Middle East as of November 2001. Increase in security for BellSouth employees in the Middle East; Web site of the United States Department of State's Overseas Security Advisory Council; Evacuation of foreign national's...
- Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC) Meeting Notice; Closed Meeting. Sincavage, Justine M. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;10/20/2011, Vol. 76 Issue 203, p65318
The article announces the closed meeting to be conducted by the U.S. Department of State-Overseas Security Advisory Council on November 15-17, 2011 to focus on an examination of corporate security policies and procedures involving the extensive discussion of trade secrets.
- U.S. report identifies major business threat: Al Qaida in N. Africa. // Geo-Strategy Direct;2/20/2008, p8
The article reports that the U.S. Overseas Security Advisory Council has listed Al Qaida strikes in Algeria as one of 10 leading threats to U.S. interests around the world. The federal agency, founded by the U.S. State Department, said the new Al Qaida Organization in the Islamic Maghreb, or...
- Study Abroad Conference Addresses Security, Safety Issues. Brotherton, Phaedra // Black Issues in Higher Education;11/22/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p12
Presents information on the Study and Learning Abroad Conference held in Washington in October 2001, sponsored by the Michigan State University. Discussion on the enforcement of increased security measures in universities following the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks; Types of security...
- TRAVEL AND BUSINESS INFORMATION. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Kiribati;Oct2007, p5
The article offers information on various consular services and information resources for U.S. companies and citizens in Kiribati. The U.S. Department of State's Consular Information Program releases Consular Information Sheets, Public Announcements and Travel Warnings. The Web sites of Bureau...
- Notices: DEPARTMENT OF STATE. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;May2013, Vol. 78 Issue 84, p25521
The article presents two notices from the U.S. Department of State. The first one is about the closed meeting of the Overseas Security Advisory Council on June 4 and 5, 2013. The other one is about the issuance of a Presidential Permit by the Department of State and the correction of date in...
- VIDEO: President Barack Obama's Comments to West Point Graduates. Gandelman, Joe // Moderate Voice;5/22/2010, p12
The article presents a video of U.S. President Barack Obama providing comments to 2010 West Point graduates about the national security strategy and his goal of creating a new international order ground in global institutions.
- Obama vows to stand by Gulf allies amid concern over "Iran threat". // Arab American News;5/16/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 1527, p20
The article reports on the commitment made by U.S. President Barack Obama to support the regional security of the Gulf nations which includes Saudi Arabia and Kuwait against possible threats from Iran and mentions an overview of the Camp David summit held in the United States.