Microsoft's Data Plays
- Bockenek: We've got a right to innovate our products. Gerin, Roseanne // Warsaw Business Journal;10/1/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 40, pS4
Presents an interview with Tomasz Bochenek, general director of Microsoft Poland. Developments in local information technology sector; Abuse of the company of its monopoly in computer operating systems; Investigation on Microsoft for anticompetitive practices.
- ALLCHIN'S EYE ON LONGHORN. // eWeek;9/16/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p30
Interviews group vice president for platforms of Microsoft Corp., Jim Allchin. Project on real-time communications server; Design of storage systems; Reintroduction of Smart Tags into Longhorn.
- Microsoft's NT chief aims high. Krill, Paul // InfoWorld;11/27/95, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p49
Interviews Mike Nash, group product manager at Microsoft Corp. Microsoft's remote procedure call and distributed transaction processing technology; Criticism of Windows NT computer operating system for its use of trusted domain directory; Importance of cross-platform directory support to users.
- Microsoft's fair Exchange. // InfoWorld;4/8/96, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p45
Interviews Jim Allchin, vice president of Microsoft's platforms division, as he talks to InfoWorld about the company's vision for integrating its Exchange messaging technology.
- Trying to make it look easy. McKay, Niall // InfoWorld;06/01/98, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p122
Presents an interview with Vic Gundotra, director of platform marketing at Microsoft Corp. on the marketing for Microsoft Transaction Server and COM+. Challenges faced by Microsoft developers in large-scale application; Description of Visual Basic 5.
- Jonathan Usher. // Interactive Week;1/29/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p47
Interviews Jonathan Usher, group manager of Microsoft Corporation's digital media division. Status of the company in the online music industry; Comment on the company's products and services.
- Riding the wave. LaMonica, Martin // InfoWorld;1/15/96, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p1
Presents an interview with Microsoft Corp. senior vice president of Developer division Roger Heinen about the future of the Internet. Microsoft's plans to ride the wave of Internet growth; Views about the Microsoft Internet browser; Positioning strategy for Microsoft products against Sun...
- Microsoft betting it all on NT 5.0. O'Regan, Rob; Moeller, Michael // PC Week;10/13/97, Vol. 14 Issue 43, p113
Presents an interview with Jim Allchin, senior vice president of Microsoft Corp.'s Desktop and Business Systems Division as of October 13, 1997. How the features of NT 5.0 fit into Distributed interNet Applications (DNA); Microsoft's marketing strategy; His opinion on Java; Where Microsoft is...
- On Microsoft's long journey to Cairo, Gates defends NT. // InfoWorld;11/15/93, Vol. 15 Issue 46, p178
Features an interview with Microsoft Corp. chairman Bill Gates. Reasons for developing Windows NT; Cairo's features; Similarity of Cairo with Windows NT; Chicago's features; Microsoft's role in relation to innovation and fostering business growth.