A Couple Minutes with Ken Blanchard
- Accentuate the positive. Verity, David // Dental Practice Report;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p18
Presents an interview with Ken Blanchard, author of the books "The One Minute Manager" and "Whale Done! The Power of Positive Relationships." Professional relationship between employers and employees; Impact of good industrial relations on business growth; Need for managers to recognize the...
- Turning vision into reality. // Leadership Journal;Spring96, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p114
Presents an interview with Ken blanchard, co-author of the book `The One Minute Manager.' INSET: One minute of Blanchard's wisdom (quotations)..
- Show Some Spirit. Smith, Scott S. // Entrepreneur;Mar2000, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p18
Interviews Ken Blanchard, a management book author, about spiritual values in business. Definition of spirituality for business; Integration of sprituality into business; Key lessons from his book `Leadership by the Book: Tools to Transform the Workplace.'
- Workplace Flexibility and the Changing Nature of Work: An Introduction. Dastmalchian, Ali; Blyton, Paul // Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences (Canadian Journal of;Mar2001, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p1
Introduces several articles about workplace flexibility and the changing nature of work. Introduction of high performance work practices; Source of tension between flexibility and other human resource practices; Arguments concerning organizational flexibility.
- The undisputable advantages of an employee-friendly workplace. Dreyer, R.S. // Supervision;Jan97, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p19
Presents a conversation on the advantages of employee-friendly workplaces. Concerns on absences; Flex-time arrangements; Provision of care to employee dependents.
- Signs of the times. Galagan, Patricia; Wulf, Katie // Training & Development;Feb96, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p32
Provides facts and figures about work, learning and careers to help uncover trends in the workplace as well as human resource development and management. Changing landscape; Virtual workplace; Careers; Training industry; Portents; Words of wisdom; Future prospects; Ironies; Measuring the...
- The Competitive Edge. // Aftermarket Business;Nov2003, Vol. 113 Issue 11, p1
Focuses on the advantage of asking employees about the kind of work environment they prefer in the U.S. Importance of hiring an outside firm to work on a confidential basis; Recognition of factors affecting the an employee's performance; Impact of the move on management-employee relations.
- Achieving Leadership Presence in a Post-Enron World. Ransom, Scott // Physician Executive;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p56
Presents tips in achieving work leadership in the U.S. Recognition of personal mistakes; Maintenance of respect towards co-workers; Consideration on the complaints of co-workers.
- Tips for breaking down silos in the workplace. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;6/17/2011, p34
The article offers tips on how to break down silos in the workplace which include creating alignment among departments, focusing on consumers and encouraging teams from different areas to work together.