As Others Flee the Business, Bank of New York Digs Right In
- Bank of New York establishes fund management unit in Dublin. Kraus, James R. // American Banker;3/3/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 42, p4
Reports that Bank of New York Co. has opened the Dublin, Ireland-based Bank of New York Fund Management Ltd., its first fund management services company abroad. Product line and services; Factors that influence the bank's decision to open in Dublin; Other American banks operating in the area.
- BNY to Absorb Transition Biz. Randall, Danielle // Investment Management Weekly;11/5/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 44, pN.PAG
Reports that Bank of New York Co. Inc. has formed a division called BNY Global Transition Management to serve the transition management business. Handling of transition management business prior to formation of the division; Services provided by BNY Global; Total assets of Bank of New York.
- BNY Launches Automated Collateral Management. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;2/3/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p7
Reports on the launch of an automated collateral management service called the Dynamic Continuous Optimization service by the Bank of New York Co. Inc. Proprietary algorithm on which the system relies; Unique features of the process; European broker dealers who are using the service.
- The Bank of New York Co. M.I. // U.S. Banker;May99, Vol. 109 Issue 5, p60
Focuses on the strategies adopted by chief executive officer Thomas Renyi to boost the banking business of Bank of New York Co. in 1998.
- BONY chases mid-market opening. Gabriel, Frederick // Crain's New York Business;5/6/96, Vol. 12 Issue 19, p1
States that the Bank of New York is entering the middle market industry by expanding its abilities to underwrite and sell corporate debt securities to midsize companies whose revenues are $500 million. Amount of money bank has in assets; Launching of a direct mail campaign targeting 1,000...
- Proposed Greenwich bank hits roadblock. Khasru, B.Z. // Fairfield County Business Journal;04/28/97, Vol. 36 Issue 17, p4
Reports that the Bank of New York Co. has filed a protest against the proposed naming of a new bank in Greenwich, Connecticut with The Bank of Greenwich. Bank of New York's claim that its subsidiary Putnam Trust Co, has used the name since 1959; Names of residents seeking to create the new bank.
- Bank of N.Y. starts Luxembourg subsidiary. Fraser, Katharine // American Banker;2/5/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 24, p5
Announces the opening of Bank of New York City's subsidiary in Luxembourg. Expansion of the bank's global fund administration business.
- UNDERSTANDING THE NEEDS OF INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/8/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p7B
Focuses on the goals and objectives of the Bank of New York Co. Inc. in Long Island. Strategy in delivering services to clients; Role of an advisor in developing a plan for your financial strategies; Services offered by the bank.
- BNY Reaches 100 Custody Markets. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;03/26/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 13, p7
Reports that Bank of New York has reached its 100th country target in its global custody network. Establishment of the bank in the United Arab Emirates.