A Disciplined Approach
- Extreme Makeover. Abel, Katie // FN: Footwear News;6/28/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 25, p16
Interviews Matt Serra, chairman, CEO and president of Foot Locker Inc. Career background of Serra; Remarks on the acquisition of Footaction USA; Views on industry consolidations; Challenges in running three similar athletic footwear chains; Forecast on the state of Foot Locker Inc. in five years.
- Foot Locker Faces Tough Q1, But Serra Promises Comeback. Sammon, Lindsay E. // FN: Footwear News;5/28/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 21, p14
The article looks at the financial performance of Foot Locker for the first-quarter of 2007. For the three months ended May 5, the company's net earnings were $17 million or 11 cents a share, compared with $59 million or 38 cents during the same period in 2006. Also, net sales for the quarter...
- Foot Locker to Acquire CCS. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Oct2008, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p8
The article reports on the plan of Foot Locker Inc. to buy CCS Inc. from Delias Inc. for $102 million. Accordingly, the acquisition of CCS Inc. which sells apparel, skateboard footwear and accessories through Internet and catalog, will provide growth of opportunity as its appeal to teenaged...
- Say KKR Working On Foot Locker Deal. Lloyd, Brenda // DNR: Daily News Record;11/13/2006, Vol. 36 Issue 46, p6
The article reports on an exclusive arrangement with Foot Locker signed by Kravis, Kohlberg & Roberts (KKR) in November 2006. The exclusive arrangement with Foot Locker that would give KKR the inside track to acquire the athletic footwear and apparel retailer. Other private equity firms said to...
- Sporting Goods Results Follow Apparel Sales. Lynch, Matthew // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/24/2009, Vol. 198 Issue 110, p14
The article provides sales forecast for several sporting goods retailers in the U.S., including Foot Locker Inc., Dick's Sporting Goods Inc., and Hibbett Sports Inc. It states that Dick's and Hibbett have posted positive computations for their apparel and accessories in the third quarter of...
- Foot Locker Sprints Ahead In Shoe Group. NANCY GONDO // Investors Business Daily;8/27/2014, pB08
Footwear and apparel retailers have been making big strides lately, with a certain athletic-shoe seller sprinting ahead of the pack.
- Foot Locker Falls On Apparel. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/24/2014, pA01
5 The mall-based chain's Q3 EPS rose 22% to 83 cents, beating by 4 cents, led by footwear. Sales grew 6.7% to $1.73 bil, topping. Comp sales rose 6.9%.
- In Brief. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/24/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 108, p2
Presents news briefs related to the U.S. clothing retail industry as of May 24, 2004. Case filed by Finish Line Inc. against Foot Locker Corp.; Selection of executive recruitment firm Sterling International to look for the replacement of Richard Cohen as CEO of Ermenegildo Zegna; Suicide...
- THINK Like A Customer. Townsend, Keirstin // Impressions;Sep2016, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p32
The article discusses the importance of viewing things regarding the garment shop, final product and process from a different perspective. Topics covered include considering the customer point-of-view as to the shop with shirts lined up for inventory, lint from the production and stacks of...