Getting FINRA's Take on Gifts
- TRAINING, FINRA-STYLE. Hall, Alison // Financial & Insurance Meetings;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p9
An interview with Maribel Gerstner, an expert on Financial Industry Regulatory Industry (FINRA), is presented. When asked to whom the FINRA rules apply, Gerstner says that it applies to banks and broker/dealers who sell securities products and are registered with the FINRA. She claims that the...
- FINRA AND INCENTIVE TRAVEL. Hall, Alison // Financial & Insurance Meetings;May/Jun2008, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p16
An interview with Maribel Gerstner of Allstate Distributors is presented. When asked to whom the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) rules apply she refers to banks and broker/dealers that sell securities products and are registered with FINRA. She says that the key to meeting the...
- RULING CLASS. Hall, Alison // Special Events;Jul2008, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p27
An interview with Maribel Gerstner, an expert on U.S. Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) rules covering meetings and gifts, is presented. She states that FINRA rules apply to banks and broker/dealers that sell securities products and are registered with FINRA.
- Americans Struggle to Save for the Long Term. Moore, Rebecca // Plan Sponsor News;2013, p25
The article reports on the results of Allstate Financial's "Life Tracks" poll, which showed that 41% of Americans are living paycheck-to-paycheck while 8% claimed that their monthly earnings are not sufficient to pay for essentials.
- Just say no to business backhanders. Morrell, Paul // Building Design;6/15/2007, Issue 1775, p9
The author reflects on the malpractices in the construction industry in Great Britain. He asserts that kickbacks and briberies are apparent in the industry. He contemplates that industry standards fall short in some areas such as collusive tendering, formation of cartels, and spurious claims. He...
- Allstate Hitches To Advisor Bandwagon. Staples, Edward // Advisor Today;Dec2000, Vol. 95 Issue 12, p22
Reports that Allstate Life Group of Companies is shifting its focus from insurance to retirement products and services as well as changing its name to Allstate Financial Group. Success in its life insurance business; Increase in its stock price; Details on the job title launched by the company...
- Allstate Financial Launches Network for Producers. // Best's Review;Mar2003, Vol. 103 Issue 11, p100
Reports on Allstate Financial Corp.'s development of a network technology program, called AccessAllstate.com, for Allstate's national network independent producers. Technologies used to enhance the power of extensible markup language Web services; Benefits of the network technology.
- President Has Eye Toward Financial-Services Trend. Lysiak, Fran Matso // Best's Review;Jul2001, Vol. 102 Issue 3, p41
Focuses on the goal of Allstate Financial to evolve from an insurance to an assurance company in the United States. Impact of the change on company name; Strengths of the company; Strategies used in the financial-services arena.
- Americans Struggle to Save for Future. Moore, Rebecca // Plan Advisor News;2013, p25
The article discusses the results of Allstate Financial's "Life Tracks" survey which showed that 46 percent of households earning 50,000 dollars annually or less have a retirement plan in place compared with 89 percent of those earning 75,000 dollars or more income per year.