The Price of Rice
- Thai supplier quits venture. Jones, James // Automotive News;7/8/1996, Vol. 70 Issue 5668, p2
Reports on Charoen Pokphand Group's withdrawal from a planned joint venture with Ford Motor Co.'s Ford Automotive Components Division.
- The international expansion process of MNEs from developing countries: A case study of Thailand's .. Pananond, Pavida; Zeithaml, Carl P. // Asia Pacific Journal of Management;Oct98, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p163
Describes the international expansion process of Thailand's CP Group. Foray into different technological and geographical areas; Importance of the accumulation of expertise in the long run; Need for third world multinational enterprises to balance the exploitation of existing resources and the...
- Charoen Pokphand Group to spend billions in China. // Asian Business Review;Sep95, p29
Reports on the plans by Thailand's Charoen Pokphand Group to invest in China's agri-business industry. Amount planned for investment; Intention by the company to add new feed mills a year in China; Crops planned for production; Remarks from company official Thirayut Phitya.
- 'Lovitt' a lot. Boone, Rolf // Wenatchee Business Journal;Jan2003, Vol. 17 Issue 1, pA1
Reports on the efforts of C.P. Group company to send representatives to Wenatchee to learn more about the products of Lovitt Farms in Washington. Agreement between the two firms; Production of cocktail shrimps and poultry products; Way of attracting the international market; Reduction on the...
- GenCorp forms JV in Thailand. Ledson, Shannon // Plastics News;8/9/1999, Vol. 11 Issue 25, p3
Reports on the establishment of joint venture firm CPPC Decorative Products Co. Ltd. by GenCorp Inc. and ChareonPokphand Group in Thailand. Terms of agreement; Background of business operations of GenCorp and ChareonPokphand.
- Thai firm closes $27M Kopin stake. // Electronic News;12/4/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2094, p12
Informs that Kopin Corp. has closed its $27.1 million equity investment from Telecom Holding Co. Ltd., an affiliated company of Thailand-based CP Group. Terms of the agreement including how much stake of Kopin the agreement gives to CP Group.
- Solvay rules out VinyThai acquisition. YOUNG, IAN // Chemical Week;1/27/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 4, p22
Reports on the denial by Solvay of a plan to acquire the stake of its partner Charoen Pokphand (CP) in the companies' VinyThai polyvinyl chloride joint venture. Information on CP; Details on the stake of CP in VinyThai; Background of VinyThai.
- Solvay negotiates Vinythai buyout. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;6/10/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 22, p20
Details the plans of Solvay to buy its partner, Charoen Pokphand out of Vinythai, their integrated polyvinyl chloride joint venture. Reason of Solvay for buying its partner's stake; Production capacity of Vinythai.
- Ford teams up with Asian giants. Pruzin, Daniel // Automotive Industries;May96, Vol. 176 Issue 5, p33
Reports on Ford Motor Company's joint venture with CP Group and Halla Climate Control. Description of Ford's venture with CP Group; Background information on CP Group; Comments from Mark Critz, managing director of the venture; Information on the Thailand parts venture.