- A Powerful Hook. Sullivan, Mark // SGB;Sep2004, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p20
Focuses on the participation of sporting goods maker Everlast in the production of the boxing reality television show "The Contender." Remarks from Everlast CEO George Horowitz on the benefit of the television show to the brand; Plot of the show; Products unveiled by the company.
- Investment Group Buys Everlast for $146M. Poggi, Jeanine // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/4/2007, Vol. 193 Issue 118, p3
This article reports on the purchase of boxing and sporting goods manufacturer Everlast Worldwide Inc. by an investment consortium led by Hidary Group. Everlast has been the main provider of boxing equipment since 1910 and later expanded to include apparel, footwear and other lifestyle products...
- Everlast to be acquired. // WSA: Performance & Sports Materials;May/Jun2007, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p9
The article reports on the definitive agreement signed by boxing and fitness related sporting goods equipment manufacturer Everlast Worldwide Inc. to be acquired by investor group The Hidary Group. According to the author, Everlast will be acquired for $26.50 per share in cash. The total value...
- Everlast Steps into Ring. Dolbow, Sandra // Brandweek;11/06/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 43, p16
Reports on the brand awareness efforts of Everlast Worldwide, a sporting goods company, following the October 2000 purchase of Everlast by Active Apparel Group, a licensee of Everlast. Executive to head the worldwide licensing efforts of Everlast; In-store events of Everlast with sporting goods...
- Active Ingredients. Sullivan, Nark // SGB;May2005, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p46
Interviews Joey Harary, president of Jacques Moret, a manufacturer of activewear, bodywear and intimate apparel in the U.S. Brand strategy for the sports market in line with its acquisition of the Everlast license; Views on the sporting goods retail market; Outlook on selling women's apparel.
- For Everlast Worldwide: A New Bid Awaits? Cohen, Judy Cadler // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;8/13/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 32, p1
The article reports on the decision of The Hidary Group to settle its litigation against boxing equipment maker Everlast Worldwide Inc. Hidary settled with $130 million market capitalization firm Everlast. Hidary filed a 13DA which includes a to-the-point statement that it does not put in its...
- Everlast Acquired By Chief Licensee. Sikora, Martin // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jan2001, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p18
Reports on Active Apparel Group Inc.'s purchase of boxing equipment and apparel firm Everlast in a cash-and-stock deal valued at six million dollars. Active Apparel's change of its name to Everlast Worldwide Inc. at the completion of the acquisition in December 2000; Sales performance of...
- Everlast Builds a Championship Company. // Industry Week/IW;May2007, Vol. 256 Issue 5, p6
The article features Everlast, the company founded by Jacob Golomb in 1910. Everlast became the leading name in boxing equipment after Jack Dempsey won the heavyweight championship in 1919 using gloves made by Golomb. The company is venturing into women's market with its new line of aerobic...
- TONKA-TOUGH TRACK TOPS. // Ralph;Sep2005, p130
Features men's clothing from Everlast. Popularity of boxing-inspired T-shirts; Price of a jacket; Background of the company.