When Retirement Gets Personal
- Cicily and Michelle Maton: A Mother-Daughter Partnership. Opiela, Nancy // Journal of Financial Planning;Oct98, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p87
Cites the success of Cicily and Michelle Maton, a mother and daughter team, in the financial planning profession. Comments from Cicily Maton; Similarities between the two; Background information on the Matons' involvement in the financial planning sector.
- Help Clients Face Tough Transitions. MOREY STETTNER // Investors Business Daily;7/14/2014, pA07
Soon after she became a financial adviser in the mid-1980s, Cicily Maton met a 21-year-old client who had suddenly inherited a substantial sum. He sought Maton's advice on what to do next.
- Profiting From Retirement Planning. Haas, Donald Ray // Advisor Today;Jun2001, Vol. 96 Issue 6, p88
Suggests ways on how financial advisors can profit from increased demand for retirement planning services. Description of the 21st century retirement; Career options for retired people.
- Clients are thinking more about retirement. Fevurly, Keith R. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Feb1994, Vol. 94 Issue 10, p66
Reports on the result of the 1993 College for Financial Planning Survey of Trends conducted on selected Certified Financial Planners in the United States. Retirement planning as the most important concern; Age profile of a typical planner's client; Factors to be considered in retirement...
- Planners still preferred. Pokrajac, Milana // Money Management;7/15/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p6
The article reports on the research conducted by Investment Trends claiming that financial planners are still preferred by consumers for retirement planning advice.
- Find someone to trust. Kok, Leon // Finance Week;12/03/99, p35
Presents advice on selecting a retirement planning adviser. Selection from options, such as a financial company, a private bank, a trust company, a small management firm or a private financial consultant; High premium on independent advice; References from other clients; Investment and research...
- LIMRA study: Pre-retirees with advisors are better prepared. // Life Insurance Selling;Jan2013, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p12
The article reports that according to a study conducted by the Life Insurance and Market Research Association (LIMRA), pre-retirees who work with a financial advisor are more likely to indulge in financial planning activity than those who don't work with advisors.
- Nurturing your nest egg. Andruss, Paula Lyon // Cincinnati Magazine;Apr2002, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p106
Focuses on the importance of long-range planning for a fulfilling retirement. Relevance of creating a financial plan; Estimation of individual retirement needs; Role of financial planners. INSETS: RESOURCES FOR RETIREMENT PLANNING;PROTECTING YOUR INVESTMENTS.
- 'Tremendously Useful'. Cole, David B. // Plan Adviser;Jul/Aug2014, p8
The article comments on the May-June 2015 issue of the periodical "Plan Adviser."