Breaking the cycle of teen pregnancy
- Sexual attitudes and behavior among young adolescents in Jamaica. Eggleston, Elizabeth; Jackson, Jean; Hardee, Karen // International Family Planning Perspectives;Jun99, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p78
Describes the attitudes and behavior among low-income young adolescents in Jamaica. Contributing factors to early sexual activity and pregnancy; Social pressure and encouragement among boys to be sexually active; Branding of young girls who become pregnant as having loose morals; Motivations...
- Sexuality & pregnancy. Headley, Susan // Youth Studies Australia;Dec97, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p62
Summarizes articles that pertain to sexuality and pregnancy of adolescents. `You Learn it From Your Mates, Don't You: Young People's Conversations About Sex as a Basis for Informal Peer Education,' by B.M. Walker; `Female Adolescents and Onset of Sexual Intercourse: A Theory-based Review of...
- Teen sex has begun to decline, studies say. Gallagher, Maggie // Human Events;05/23/97, Vol. 53 Issue 20, p13
Reports on the decrease in teenage sex in the United States. Launch of National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy; Development of peer-counseling sex-education curriculum by gynecology professor Marion Howard; Proposal in New Jersey legislature requiring school sex education programs to stress...
- Teens and sex. Solomon, Burt // National Journal;7/04/98, Vol. 30 Issue 27, p1566
Discusses that factors that can be attributed to the decline of teenage pregnancy in the United States. Claim of President Bill Clinton that his administration can be credited for the decline; View of policy analysts on the reason for the decline; Changes in the view of the Americans on teenage...
- USA: Teen sexual activity and pregnancy. // Women's International Network News;Autumn97, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p68
Reports on trends in teenage sexual activity and pregnancy in the United States. Decline in percentage of young women aged 15-19 who had sexual intercourse in 1995; National teen pregnancy rate; Debate over the kind of prevention programs and messages needed to prevent teenage pregnancy.
- Antecedents of Adolescent Initiation of Sex, Contraceptive Use, and Pregnancy. Kirby, Douglas // American Journal of Health Behavior;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p473
Objective: To identify the most important antecedents associated with adolescent initiation of sex, contraceptive use, and pregnancy. Methods: Statistically significant antecedents in more than 250 studies were identified and summarized. Results: More than 100 antecedents create a complex and...
- TEENS MAKING GOOD CHOICES. // Christian Science Monitor;8/15/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 185, p12
Discusses the decrease in teenage pregnancy in the United States and expresses hope that this trend will continue with the help of parents.
- The battle against teen pregnancy can be won, but must be fought by parents and adults as well as teenagers. Chavez, Linda // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;05/07/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 43, p24
Focuses on the prevention campaign against teen pregnancy in the United States. Accounts on the results of the survey conducted by Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy, a non-profit advocacy group; Factors influencing the sexual decision of teenagers; Causes of teen pregnancy; Role of parents in...
- The relation between self-esteem, sexual activity, and pregnancy. Robinson, Rachel B.; Frank, Deborah I. // Adolescence;Spring94, Vol. 29 Issue 113, p27
Examines self-esteem in relation to sexual behaviors of male and female adolescents that led to unplanned pregnancy. Lack of correlation between level of sexual experience and self-esteem; Decline of self-esteem of teenage fathers; Role of professionals involved in pregnancy prevention.