12 Questions With ETF Analyst Matt Hougan
- Constructing the Core of Your Portfolio. Stevens, Sue // Morningstar Practical Finance;Nov2006, Vol. 2 Issue 11, p1
The article discusses several ways in constructing the core investment of business portfolio. Core investments are the workhorses of one's portfolio. They can be index, exchange-traded, tax-managed, or actively managed funds. In finding investments that have been consistent historically, look...
- Some Profitable TIPS. Clark, Kim // U.S. News & World Report;10/23/2006, Vol. 141 Issue 15, p52
This article offers suggestions on inflation hedges to add to a stock portfolio. TIPS are the federal government's treasury inflation-protected securities. Four bonds are detailed, including TIPS, I bonds, inflation-indexed mutual funds and exchange-traded funds. A chart is presented displaying...
- HOW TO BE A MONEY MAGNET. McIntosh, Claire // Essence (Time Inc.);Oct2003, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p192
Offers tips in money management. Key elements to attract investments; Beliefs about money; Details on creating financial goals.
- MILLIONAIRE IN THE MAKING. Garcia, Erica // Money;Oct2000 Supplement, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p22
Profiles investor Eric Weisenstein. Details of the valuation of his investment portfolio; His reputation for savings and thrift; Investment strategy.
- Stick With Your Financial Diet. Bigda, Carolyn // Money;Dec2009, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p31
The article discusses how the 2008 economic crisis has resulted in healthier saving, spending, and investing habits for many Americans. Tips are offered on how people can avoid reverting to bad financial habits when the recession is over. It offers suggestions on how to make saving automatic,...
- LETTERS AND COMMENTS. SEAR, OWEN; DEROW, KEN; GRIFFEY, DUKE; CARLIN, C.; HOLLINGSHEAD, ANISE // Money;Jul2013, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p10
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in the June 2013 issue, including "Best Deals," "Unlocking a Safer, Smarter Portfolio" and "Financial Fix."
- Going for Growth. Mannes, George; Sivy, Michael // Money;May2006, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p90
The article presents investment priorities for families who have invested in savings for several years. Drafting a will is discussed, as well as financing a child's education. Home renovations are discussed, along with portfolio diversification. Portfolios should incorporate higher risk stocks...
- The global savings paradox. McGee, Robert // ABA Banking Journal;Mar2006, Vol. 98 Issue 3, p56
Reports on the state of global savings as of March 2006. Failure of the press to report on the disconnect between actual saving and the official measure; Reason behind the increase in global savings; Factors which contribute to the high global savings rate.
- IN SEARCH OF A SAFER BET. Stern, Linda // Newsweek;1/19/2004, Vol. 143 Issue 3, p79
Claims that index-tracking exchange-traded funds (ETFs) can be a good choice for investors in the wake of mutual fund scandals. Explanation of what an ETF is and how it works; Reasons why ETFs may be preferable to actively managed funds, including lower costs and lower susceptibility to abuse;...