How I got where I am today
- Top jobâ€¦ Steve Simpson. Simpson, Steve // Personnel Today;5/1/2007, p52
An interview with Steve Simpson, head of human resource (HR) at Student Loans Co. in Great Britain, is presented. When asked about the future challenges HR faces, he refers to outsourced HR services like recruitment and employee development. He believes that the worst thing about HR are...
- Student loans chief sacked. // Public Finance;3/17/95, p6
Reports on Student Loan Co.'s dismissal of its chief executive Ron Harrison. Impropriety of expenses as the reason for the sacking.
- SLC opens state of the art print facility. Hawkins, Tom // Printing World;11/11/2004, Vol. 288 Issue 8, p11
Reports that Student Loans Co. has officially opened its Automated Document Factory in Glasgow, Scotland. Consideration of the facility as one of the most advanced facilities in Europe; Production by the facility of color documents with fully dynamic elements for 172 Local education Authorities...
- SLC 'confident' of no delays. // Optometry Today;9/3/2010, Vol. 50 Issue 17, p24
The article reports on the announcement made by the Student Loans Company regarding the student loans and grants for the academic year starting September 2010.
- Student arrears system. // Credit Management;Dec99, p18
Reports on Sanderson CFL's receipt of an order to install its Tallyman arrears system to help Student Loan Co. to control outstanding student loans in Great Britain. System requirements of the company.
- QUICK BITS... // Micro Mart;6/12/2014, Issue 1315, p32
This section offers news briefs on the information technology (IT) community including the Information Commissioner's Office criticizing the Student Loans Company for its series of data breaches, the revelation that Dyson worked on its own equivalent to Google Glass in 2004, and "Which?" calling...
- Pain of student loans. // People Management;Aug2014, p19
The article provides comments from the blog of Iain Mackinnon on the Student Loans Company and student loans.
- Calls for greater data sharing on student debt. // Credit Control;2005, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p50
The article reports that Internet bank Egg is calling on the British government to allow Student Loan Co. (SLC) to share both positive and negative credit information. SLC has requested the Department of Education and Skills to change its rules so that SLC can start to share data with the rest...
- Student Loans Company to create 500 new jobs in the north-east. Phillips, Lucy // People Management;4/17/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p14
The article reports on the decision of the Student Loans Company (SLC) to step up recruitment in the north-east ahead of its expansion in services. The company is taking up the loan processing work currently carried out by 130 local authorities in England in September 2008. According to head of...