Green Building Roundtable: INMOTION RECENTLY ASKED SEVERAL INDUSTRY LEADERS FOR THEIR THOUGHTS ON WHERE THE GREEN BUILDING MARKET IS HEADED
- ECOBUILD PRESENTS OPPORTUNITY TO UNITE BEHIND GREEN DEAL. // Builders Merchants Journal;Feb2014, p36
The article reports that Sustainable Building Solutions (SBS), a division of the Travis Perkins Group, is emphasizing the importance of supporting the Green Deal initiative of the British government.
- A View of the Technology Landscape. Arnold, Scott // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Oct2004 Supplement, Vol. 76, p5
Introduces a series of articles about the implications of the proliferation of networked building controls for green building designs.
- Plug Load Factors. Turner, Fred // ASHRAE Journal;May2011, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including plug load design factors for non-residential buildings, the system for Skyline High School in Michigan, and the expansion of St. Johns School in Montreal.
- Puyallup City Hall Goes Green. Piell, Amanda B. // Buildings;Nov2009, Vol. 103 Issue 11, p10
The article describes the green features of the city hall in Puyallup, Washington. The building was designed with various sustainable applications, such as a rainwater collection and reuse system, natural daylight and sunshading, green roof and a raised floor air-distribution system. The city of...
- The Big Green Apple. Beazant, Gareth // Professional Engineering;7/12/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p28
The article reports on environmentally sustainable building designs in New York City. It focuses on the construction of One Bryant Park, also known as the Bank of America Tower, which has begun in the heart of downtown New York, near Times Square. One Bryant Park is aiming for zero net carbon...
- Vertical Transportation at its Best. Goedken, Anne K. // Buildings;Feb2007, Vol. 101 Issue 2, p26
The article describes the sustainable aspects of vertical-transportation systems in buildings. It highlights the sustainable features of vertical transportation systems, such as machine room-less elevators, use of vegetable oil and power intelligence. It mentions the significance of reusing...
- SCORE ONE FOR LEED. Tarricone, Paul // Lighting Design & Application;Sep2004, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p47
Focuses on the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System. Benefits offered by the LEED certification; Evolution of the LEED system; Buildings which received certification. INSET: Alphabet SOUP.
- A Message from Norman A. Gabel. // New Mexico Business Journal;Jun2006, Vol. 30 Issue 6, pAGC-2
The article presents the author's message as the 2006 president of the New Mexico Building Branch of the Associated General Contractors. The partnership between the New Mexico Building Branch and the "New Mexico Business Journal" is highlighted. The recognition of 176 projects, which include...
- The role of design management in the sustainable building process. Rekola, Mirkka; M�kel�inen, Tarja; H�kkinen, Tarja // Architectural Engineering & Design Management;2012, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p78
Sustainable building (SB) aims at the required building performance with minimum adverse environmental impact, while encouraging improvements in economic, social and cultural circumstances. The role of design is essential in interpreting and solving these complicated multilevel requirements....