Help From Above
- Father Knows Best. // FoodService Director;8/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p20
The author relates the influence of his father on his career as Bloomington Hospital's food, nutrition and environmental services director.
- Angie Wright-Rheaves, Esq.: Blue Ribbon Success as Judicial Attorney and Commentator. Poe, Brian D. // Atlanta Tribune;Oct2014, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p17
An interview with Angie Wright-Rheaves, staff attorney at the Court of Appeals of Georgia, is presented. Topics discussed include the influence of judge Anne E. Barnes' legal knowledge and judicial insight on her, the influence of her mentor chief justice Robert Benham and her advocacy for...
- Kimberly Page: Flying High in the Aviation Industry. Johnson, Melanie // Utah Business;Aug2014, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p17
An interview with Kimberly Page, chief operating officer of executive (COO) jet charter Keystone Aviation, is presented. Page talks about 2015 as a year about team building for the company since her appointment as COO. She considers Bill Haberstock, the company president, as her mentor. She...
- A new role for managers: The move from directing to coaching. Buhler, Patricia M. // Supervision;Oct98, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p16
Discusses the sudden interest in corporate mentoring in the United States. Benefits of mentoring to the protege; Benefits of the mentoring relationship to the mentor; Benefits of mentoring to the organization; Characteristics of a mentor.
- Untitled. // Association Management;Oct97, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p32
Reports on the surveys regarding association mentoring programs and the conducting of diversity training for staff.
- The death of mentoring. Tyler, J. Larry // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;10/5/94, Vol. 68 Issue 19, p84
Discusses the reason why mentoring ceased to function. Steps top follow if one would like to be a mentor and be remembered as one.
- Job mentoring. // New Mexico Business Journal;Sep93, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p15
Features the ABEC job mentoring program by the Job Training and Family Services office in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Target to students at risk of dropping out; Inception of the program; Matching students with mentors from the business community; Tutoring and counseling services.
- What's all this mentoring stuff, anyhow? Pease, Robert A. // Electronic Design;8/19/96 Supplement Bob Stuff, Vol. 44 Issue 17, p45
Presents the author's views on mentoring in the electronic design profession. Notable mentors; Considerations in teaching.
- The power of positive mentoring. Zraick, Richard I. // ASHA;Summer97, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p10
Editorial. Discusses the effective qualities of a mentor. Importance of putting the needs of the student first; Love of the teaching profession; Concern for people as human beings; Sense of security; Ability to see the strengths; Consideration of the student's receptiveness to change; Author's...