Pick Me Up
- Tapping Into The Spa. // FoodService Director;12/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p14
An interview with Dennis Pierce, director of dining services at The University of Connecticut in Storrs, Connecticut is presented. He details the process his team goes through to create a line of healthful packaged items called Spa Foods. He relates that the process of developing the retail...
- His Own Man. // FoodService Director;2/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p34
The article features Dennis Pierce, food service director of the University of Connecticut's Dining Services program. Since 2006, he has begun reorganizing the department to give it a greater culinary focus and to better provide for the needs of Dining Services employees. Renovations have...
- In case you haven't heard... // Primary Care Weekly;1/15/96, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p6
Reports that schools such as Yale School of Medicine and the University of Connecticut say they have enough cadavers to get by. Comments from Alan Mermann, 72, a Yale medical professor.
- Developers eye for-profit dorm near Stamford UConn campus. Fleischer, Jo // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/6/95, Vol. 34 Issue 45, p1
States that Stamford's new downtown University of Connecticut campus would not a privately run football team or a for-profit marching band when it opens. Year; Plans; Rent; Builders.
- UConn offers certificate program in non-profit management. // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/4/95, Vol. 34 Issue 49, p14
Reports on a non-profit management program offered by the University of Connecticut at Storrs. Who created the program; When courses are scheduled; Program instructors; What the program combines.
- UConn MBA program feeds on the executive's drive and... Fitzpatrick, Doreen D. // Fairfield County Business Journal;1/1/96, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p7
Reports on the University of Connecticut executive Master of Business Administration program which was creates for working executives in the private, public and not-for-profit sector. Participants requirements; Way the program is designed; Its Similarity to benchmarking; Amount of credits...
- UConn system makes students' signup painless. // Communications News;Feb97, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p54
Focuses on interactive voice system that helps students register easily at the University of Connecticut at Storrs .
- UConn-Stamford benefits from $1 billion bond decision. Duby, Christopher Y. // Fairfield County Business Journal;5/22/95, Vol. 34 Issue 21, p5
Focuses on the May 1995 House of Representatives vote regarding financing issues at the University of Connecticut (UConn) in Storrs. Provisions of the UConn bill; Development of regional campuses in Connecticut; Correction of infrastructure problems; Approved state plan in bond issues. INSET:...
- Top Dogs. Garskof, Josh // Country Journal;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p3
Discusses the role of basketball prominence in raising academic achievement in University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut.