- New cafe takes root. // FoodService Director;5/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p1
Focuses on the opening of the Harvest Cafe at Forest Hills Hospital in New York City in February 2005. Advantages of the cafe for the hospital; Dishes offered by the cafe; Efforts of the cafe to provide healthy food choices.
- Let's Do Chinese. Lawn, John // Food Management;Jan2001, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p13
Focuses on the production of cook-chill batches of Chinese specialties by the New York University downtown hospital in New York City. Number of authentic lunches for an adult day care center; List of special menus; Insights on central production.
- More center-of-the-plate. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p156
Reports on health care food service operators' inclusion of vegetarian dishes in their menus. Re-engineered lasagna at Pocono Medical Center in East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania; Vegetable side dishes cum center-of-the-plate combos at New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center in New York City;...
- Spicing up the menu. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p120
Deals with the growing popularity of Asian dishes at food service outlets in hospitals across the United States. Asian dishes served at the San Francisco General Hospital in California; Explanations from food service officials; Specialties served at the California Pacific Medical Center in...
- 'I need the change' Treider, Renee // Wenatchee Business Journal;Sep2000, Vol. 14 Issue 9, pA16
Focuses on the career change of Spill the Beans owner, Don Jones which he started by selling his Wenatchee, Washington-based business. Reasons for getting out of the coffee business; Appeal of the upholstery business to Jones' personal passion. INSET: Now, in control of his work time.
- Greek grocer selling shop for high-tech hopes. Williams, Madeline // Business Press;05/09/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p3
Looks at the decision by Nick Phiripes, manager of `George's,' a family owned Greek grocery and import store located in Fort Worth, Texas, to sell the company and change his career. Why Phiripes made the decision; Nick's parents approval of his decision; How his wife feels about the decision.
- I CHANGED MY OCCUPATION AFTER FORTY-FIVE. Sprague, Jesse Rainsford // Saturday Evening Post;9/17/1932, Vol. 205 Issue 12, p10
Presents an article on the career change of a merchant. Information on his farming family; Reasons for opening his own business; Factors that contributed to his decision to sell his business and pursue a writing career.
- Turning change into opporttniity with Shirley Moulton. JOHNSON, VICTORIA L. // New York Amsterdam News;4/11/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 15, p5
The article focuses on the career change of former Universal Solutions Inc. chief executive officer (CEO) Shirley Moulton. It says that after Moulton sold her firm she turned to meditation which led her to the development of a meditation tool named The Joy of Being. It mentions that she started...
- A multi-cultural focus. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p120
Reports on how pork is featured in the cuisine of various cultures as served at hospitals and healthcare communities in the United States. Popularity of the dishes; Advantages of serving pork; Preparation for the dishes.