- ACA Through the Years. // Multichannel News;4/7/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p18
The article offers information on the history of the American Cable Association (ACA). It was formerly known as the Small Cable Business Association (SCBA) which represented small independent cable operators on various critical issues. It provides the important events and issues that helped...
- Content Economics Could Play In Cable's Favor. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;5/28/2012, Issue 22, p22
The article reports on the impact of the U.S. economic problems on the ratings of cable television (TV) programmers to over-the-top TV services.
- stat snapshot. // Multichannel News;11/18/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 44, p39
The article presents a bar graph depicting growth in video-on-demand viewing for cable networks in America from October 2012 to September 2013, along with a table depicting America's top 20 original cable movies for the same period.
- FREEZE FRAME. // Multichannel News;5/21/2012, Issue 21, p83
Photographs of highlights from several events related to the cable television industry in the U.S. are presented including the Broadband Cable Association of Pennsylvania's Cable Academy event, Telemundo's New York upfront, the e Weather Channel's 30th anniversary party.
- TRANSLATION PLEASE: Your 2012 Cable Show Jargon Descrambler. ELLIS, LESLIE // Multichannel News;5/21/2012, Issue 21, p88
The article offers information on the 2012 Cable Show in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Bouncing Into Boston. // Multichannel News;5/21/2012, Issue 21, p91
The author discusses the 2012 Cable Show, offering updates to companies in the cable television industry in the U.S.
- Rate Riddle. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;5/21/2012, Issue 21, p80
The article discusses the issues behind the rising cable prices and pay television (TV) rates in the cable television industry in the U.S. The author talks bout the struggle of cable operators to deal with the declining video subscribers and higher costs. He tackles the potential of broadband in...
- Ratings:. // CableFAX Daily;9/27/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 187, p2
The article reports on the household ratings of cable television networks in the U.S. for the third quarter of 2006. There is an increase in the ratings of Disney for the third quarter of 2006 compared to the third quarter of 2005. Networks with the highest ratings include Disney, USA, TNT and ESPN.
- Upfront May Pump Up Volume. Lafayette, Jon // Multichannel News;6/20/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p8
The article reports on the estimated increase in the portion of cable industry in the advertisement-sales auction by at least 15% in 2011, which will bring a total volume of 9.4 billion dollars on advertising commitments.