THE LEFT ATRIUM
- The Chronicle INTERVIEW. // UN Chronicle;1999, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p16
Interviews James Orbinski, the international council president of Medecins Sans Frontieres, about humanitarian assistance. Fundamental right of ordinary people to humanitarian assistance and protection; Reasons for the lack of access to all populations in danger; Role of the United Nations and...
- A Vital Mobility. WENDLAND, CLAIRE L. // Health Affairs;Feb2014, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p343
No abstract available.
- Doctor-Patient Communication in China: Cultural and Social Change in the Transition from Traditional Medicine to Western Medicine. Wang, Qian // Conference Papers -- National Communication Association;2009, p1
The paper explores the doctor patient relationship and doctor-patient communication in current China from a cultural and social change perspective. over 30 interviews were conducted in five different cities in China on doctor patient communication, and themes were found out on cultural, social,...
- PROSPECTS FOR A SCIENTIFIC SOCIAL HISTORY: 1976. Shapiro, Gulbert // Journal of Social History;Winter76, Vol. 10 Issue 2
Focuses on the scientific development of social history in the year 1976. Stages of the natural history of scientific disciplines; Problems of social change and development; Expansion of the contribution of quantitative research to historical understanding.
- ECHOS OF AN EMPIRE. Hoelterhoff, Manuela // Conde Nast Traveler;Aug2004, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p104
Describes the socio-political and cultural changes in four countries in Eastern Europe. Czech Republic; Slovakia; Slovenia; Hungary.
- CULTURE CHANGE. Kebede, Messay // Meaning & Development;1994, p135
An introduction to chapter four of the book "Meaning and Development" is presented, which explores the problem of culture change and why, how and under what conditions it fails to occur.
- Editorial. Bertram, Hans // Berliner Journal fÃ¼r Soziologie;1997, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p419
The article introduces reports in this issue from the "Kommission fÃ¼r die Erforschung des sozialen und politischen Wandels in den neuen BundeslÃ¤ndern" (KSPW; Commission for Research on Social and Political Change in the New BundeslÃ¤nder) from a symposium held in Berlin, Germany in March...
- AMERICA AND CHANGE. // New Yorker;8/16/1969, Vol. 45 Issue 26, p56
This article comments on how the catchword "change" has acquired a mystical significance for the U.S. The author contends that the country, having always been prone to rapid change, has to worry more about what to preserve and protect than about what to change. The struggle with passing time...
- INSIDE THE DRAGON CHINA. Hessler, Peter // National Geographic;May2008, Vol. 213 Issue 5, p34
The author reports on the changes which have occurred in China over the years. The author's personal experiences and the lessons he learned about China from his students are discussed. Changes which have occurred in the Chinese economy from the 1980s to 2008 are discussed. Changes which have...