The Mole: He Wants Consumers to Know What May Be Driving Your Recommendations
- The Deal. Miller, Bill // Research;Apr2009, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p80
The article discusses the various forms of deals and the several approach in using it in terms of financial management. It examines ways on how to choose and make a deal with broker-dealers wherein they are offering transitions packages. It suggests to consider those investment firms by their...
- What's It Worth? Grau, David // Financial Planning;Jun2003, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p97
Discusses various factors that may increase or decrease the value of a financial advisory practice. Seller financing; Transaction down payment; Seller involvement; Profit margin.
- Portfolio construction methods get thumbs down. Fielding, Zoe // Money Management;10/27/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p10
Focuses on the survey concerning the current portfolio construction processes in Australia. Respondents of the survey; Details of the management expense ratios and recent performances of the products from dealer groups; Basic portfolios using templates from the dealer group.
- Lucky stars. Jagtiani, Sunil // Fund Strategy;11/27/2006, p20
The author reflects on the performance of fund managers in Great Britain. He asserts that investment skills such intelligence, judgment, temperament and experience are good factors for the success of fund managers. Their outstanding ability and tactics in handling a fund are good contributors to...
- Personal Financial Management. Scandlyn, joy // Chartered Accountants Journal;Oct2007, Vol. 86 Issue 9, p75
The article provides information on the basic principles of personal financial management. It describes the functions of managed funds as an investments that are managed by professional fund manager responsible for decision making that involves asset buying. Moreover, it introduces several...
- Quantifying the Benefits of Diversification. // Bank Investment Consultant;May2006, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p36
The article discusses strategies in assessing the benefits of diversifying an investment portfolio. Diversification, in general, is an effective method for uprising returns and reducing risks. Advisers must consider the trade off between risk and return when checking investment client's...
- Are You Doing Financial Planning? Stevick, Glenn // Advisor Today;Jan2006, Vol. 101 Issue 1, p26
The article presents information on financial planning, which is defined as a process that determines the client's financial goals and provides a plan for achieving them. The process involves six steps including setting up of financial goals, gathering relevant data and analyzing it, developing...
- Growth Trajectory: The Increasing Popularity of The Manager-of-Managers Investment Model. Naddaff, Fred // Money Management Executive;5/3/2010, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p14
The article discusses the manager-of-managers (MoM) investment model. It cites how MoM helps in supervising specific aspects of an investment portfolio by hiring another professional investment manager. It also states that a product's manufacturing and distribution is the focus of MoM investment...
- The Irrational Adviser. Horwitz, Michael B. // Financial Planning;May2004, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p85
Recognizes the irrational beliefs of financial advisers in the financial planning practice. Vulnerability of advisers to self-doubts; Problem with the belief of advisers to gain approval from all clients; Competence of advisers.