The Right Way to 'Sneak Away'
- Distribution is the hang-up. J.H. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/29/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 18, p6
Reports the plan of installing a gay cable network from Showtime and MTV. Company operation on films and stuff; Management scheme on cable operators; Improvement of the programming systems.
- Cable TV. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;12/13/99, Vol. 9 Issue 47, p13
Provides update on cable television networks in the United States as of December 1999. Two films from MTV under the Original Movies for Television division; Deal of The Box music video channel with HyperTV Networks; Deal of USA Networks with MGM.
- Hits do wonders for MTV, FX. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;7/1/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 27, p12
Reports the business performance of cable television networks on airing blockbuster shows. Status of FX and MTV on telecast of hit shows; Survey provided by Nielsen Media Research; Success of the original drama shows of Lifetime.
- Cable TV. // MediaWeek;04/13/98, Vol. 8 Issue 15, p17
Provides information on cable television networks. The Travel Channel's prime-time block; Licensing agreement of MTV Networks with Biz Entertainment, a media company in Russia; Home Box Office's multiplex packages of services.
- Sykes Looks for a Room at the Top. // Multichannel News;3/17/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p37
An interview with U.S.-based MTV Network president John Sykes is presented. When asked why he decided to leave his position at MTV, Sykes shares that though he loves his job and the company, he missed operating a business. He also discusses his views about his legacy at MTV and his prospects for...
- Thompson Brings His A-Game at Fox. Grossman, Ben // Broadcasting & Cable;11/28/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 50, p30
Presents an interview with Fox Sports Net and Fox Sports International president Bob Thompson. Career background in the cable industry; Views towards a career in a sports-oriented environment; Importance of strong business relationships. INSET: PERSONNEL FILE: BOB THOMPSON.
- Nicktoons gears up for growth after MTV's major cash infusion. Mallory, Michael // Variety;11/18/96 Supplement, Vol. 365 Issue 3, p31
Reports on MTV Networks' capital infusion for Nickelodeon network's animation unit Nicktoons. Studio's expansion plans; Focus on the network's animation productions; Feature film development projects.
- Nick at Nite becoming Nick at Nite-and-Day. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;10/30/95, Vol. 125 Issue 44, p15
Reports on MTV Networks' plans to launch Nick at Nite's TV Land, a long-talked-about channel dedicated to classic TV. Debut of the channel in the first quarter of 1996; Hope to build on the success of Nick at Nite, the ten-year prime time service that shares a channel position with Nickelodeon;...
- MTV, Viva set launch dates for spinoffs. Molner, David // Variety;3/13/95, Vol. 358 Issue 6, p46
Reports on MTV Networks and German vidcaster Viva's announcement of the launch dates of their baby boomer spinoffs. MTV's broadcasting of signal to limited audience on March 10, 1995; Launching of partial programming.