Pakistan's Aziz: "I Have No Doubt"
- The Rewards of 'Democracy'. // Southasia;Jul2014, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p66
A photograph is presented showing elected Pakistani president General Pervez Musharraf in a democratic election in Model Town, Lahore, Pakistan on June 17, 2014.
- Leader Biography. // Pakistan Country Review;2012, p139
The article focuses on the presidential election of Pakistan in 2008 as President Pervez Musharraf is resigning from his position on August 18.
- Pakistan's Drama Unfolds. Baker, Aryn; Calabresi, Massimo; Mahmud, Ershad; Shah, Abid // Time International (South Pacific Edition);9/24/2007, Issue 37, p30
The article reports that ex-Pakistan prime minister Nawaz Sharif's exile after a brief return could signal a political crisis for Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf and change the fate of his country. Musharraf deported the democratically-elected Sharif to Saudi Arabia. Another ex-prime...
- Sharif Returns From Exile. Moreau, Ron // Newsweek;9/17/2007, Vol. 150 Issue 12, p12
An interview with ex-prime minister of Pakistan Nawaz Sharif is presented. Sharif claims that after the political troubles suffered by president Pervez Musharraf, Sharif should be able to stay in Pakistan. He states that a co-leadership of Musharraf and former prime minister Benazir Bhutto will...
- The Comeback Artist. Moreau, Ron; Hussain, Zahid // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);9/17/2007 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 150 Issue 12, p21
The article reports on the imminent return to Pakistan politics of former prime minister Nawaz Sharif, who was ousted in 1999 by Army chief of staff Pervez Musharraf. Sharif's earlier shortcomings are discussed, including his authoritarian streak. However, now that Musharraf has lost popularity,...
- Pakistan's Election Farce. // Asia Monitor: Indian Subcontinent Monitor;Nov2002, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p5
Reports the farcity in the elections in Pakistan. Criticisms on president Pervez Musharraf; Solidarity of political candidates; Enactment of constitutional reforms.
- Here Comes Musharraf! Giglio, Mike; Ahmed, Fasih; Schneiderman, R. M. // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);11/7/2011, Vol. 158 Issue 19, p6
The article focuses on General pervez Musharraf, former president of Pakistan. He is on self-exile in London, England since 2009. It explores the preparations being made by Musharraf to return to power, citing his launch of his own political party All Pakistan Muslim League (APML) in Great...
- Pervez Musharraf Returns Home for Elections. SOOMRO, AKHTAR // News India Times;4/5/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 14, p20
The article reports that Pakistan's former President, Pervez Musharraf, returned to Pakistan on March 24, 2013 after nearly four years of self-imposed exile to contest elections.
- Pakistan and the "Hamas Lesson". Bonsignore, Ezio // Military Technology;2007, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p4
The author reflects on the leadership of General Pervez Musharraf. He stresses that General Musharraf's decision to suspend the constitution and declare a state of emergency, is a difficult move, knowing that it might loss vital support from the U.S. and Western Support. However, dismissing...