When Bigger Is Better
- Investing for Retirement. Mitchell, Donna // Financial Planning;Feb2011, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p60
Interviews with six experts on financial planning are presented. Peng Chen, president of the Global Investment Management Division of Morningstar, says that the U.S. economic downturn of 2007-2008 affected retirement readiness. According to Deena Katz, chairman and co-founder of Evensky & Katz...
- Media Savvy: Getting It and Using It to Build a Practice. Newton, Catherine // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p88
Presents an interview with three planners and public relation consultants on the importance of media as a marketing strategy. Views of Deborah Voso on the significance of advertising on marketing; Accounts on the popularity of executive Brian Orol at the Financial Planning Association; Insights...
- Building a Practice for Sale. Cook, Randall David // Financial Planning;Feb2002, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p81
Interviews financial planner Mark Tibergien. Implications of a disciplined approach to practice management for financial planners; Importance of staffing to the building of a strong firm; Grades advisers receive for managing their practice; Significance of having a succession plan to advisers....
- Take It To The Bank. // Financial Planning;Jan2003, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p82
Interviews several financial planners. Information on their outlook for 2003; Precautionary measures that they will take; Challenges faced by planners.
- What a financial planner can do for clients. Corbin, David // Fort Worth Business Press;08/11/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p11
Interviews certified financial planner licensee Barbara Shields about financial planning. Times that people should have a financial plan done or updated; Role of the financial planner; Most important thing that a financial planner can do for someone; Value of training as certified trust and...
- Interviewing Clients. Cook, Randall David // Financial Planning;Dec2001, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p79
Interviews financial planner Bill Bachrach about client interviewing. Development of client interviewing skills; Suggestions for planners when preparing for their first interview with a client; Ways for planners to measure their interviewing skills.
- Squeezing Profits Out of Practices. Newton, Catherine // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p80
Interviews four financial planners on profitability in financial planning. Challenges faced in maintaining or increasing profit margins; How profits are measured; Strategies for increasing profits.
- Holistic Planning. Cook, Randall David // Financial Planning;Oct2001, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p73
Interviews financial planner Dick Wagner, owner of the advisory firm WorthLiving. Views on adopting a holistic approach to financial planning; Overview of a holistic approach to financial planning; Challenges faced by his clients.
- Our mission Your success. // Tennessee Tribune;3/31/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p14A
An interview with C. J. Hayden, a social venture advisor to entrepreneurs, is presented, in which he offers suggestions on how to grow own earned income stream.