- Foreign staff key to global future for BA. // People Management;04/16/98, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p21
Discusses the British Airways PLC's recruitment of foreign graduates to globalize its organization. Cultural shift; Open-learning and career link centers to offer information and support; Cross-cultural training; Career development plans.
- Recruitment. // People Management;4/30/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p14
Provides an update on recruitment campaigns launched by companies in Great Britain. Number of staff to be recruited by British Airways; Results of a survey conducted by the Freelance Centre; Account on the research conducted by InterWork, an Internet-based recruitment service.
- BA's Hatton Retires. Krause, Kristin S. // Traffic World;3/20/2000, Vol. 261 Issue 12, p46
Focuses on the retirement of British Airways PLC cargo chief Kevin Hatton in Great Britain. Impact of the Hatton retirement on the cargo business of the airline company; Accomplishments of Hatton in the company; Designation of Brymon Airways company managing director Gareth Kirkwood as the...
- The Secret Marketer. // Marketing Week;4/1/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p50
The author profiles Willie Walsh, chief executive officer of British Airways (BA), and discusses how Walsh is trying to save a company that has been run by a so-called militant union of brand managers.
- TTG Getaway. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;6/27/2013, Issue 3057, p56
The article offers information related to travel industry such as the mess of Prosecco mini-bottle during the maiden flight of the Thomson 787 Dreamliner, and the attitude of the British Airways staff during long-haul flights.
- Oneworld prioritises cost savings. // Airline Business;Jul2009, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p14
The article reports on the cost savings efforts of the alliance Oneworld. The alliance, which has a total net loss 1.7 billion U.S. dollars in 2008, is focusing more on joint venture than cutting costs, according to managing partner John McCulloch. Through joint procurement, the alliance was...
- Moving Forward. Wall, Robert; Flottau, Jens; Schofield, Adrian // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/19/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 27, p56
The article reports that the European Commission has cleared a merger and joint venture between British Airways and Iberia airlines. The author notes that labor and regulatory concessions made by the European Commission are helping several European network carriers to achieve economic recovery....
- Finding the right medicine for growing pains. Maldonado, Jose E. // Caribbean Business;2/27/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p28
Features One World Management Group based in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Orlin Goble and Seamus McHugh as owners; Night clubs managed by the company; Background on the firm's origins; Benefits of opening a club in hotels; Firm's problems with finding the right personnel and becoming familiar with...
- Group Dynamics. Flottau, Jens; Buyck, Cathy // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/29/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 14, p39
The article discusses the statuses of airline industry alliance membership programs such as Star Alliance, Oneworld and SkyTeam as of April 2013, focusing on low-fare airlines, air carriers such as U.S. Airways and Qantus, and an analysis of the attitudes of airline passengers. It states that...