An Optimistic Rebel
- Spillane Explains. Goins, Liesa // Men's Health;Dec2003, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p70
Presents topics related to men and health. Interview with novelist Mickey Spillane; Financial impact of sleep loss on an individual.
- Converse Files Ch. 11, Closes 3 Plants. Clark, Evan // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/23/2001, Vol. 181 Issue 15, p18
Reports on the Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection filed by athletic footwear maker Converse Inc. in January 2001. Plans for the closure of manufacturing operations; Financial restructuring; Possible shift in production operations to a supplier in Asia.
- Converse Files Broad Trademark Suit. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/15/2014, Vol. 208 Issue 78, p3
The article offers information on the trademark suits filed by Nike Inc.-owned Converse at the Federal District Court for the Eastern District of New York on October 14, 2014 against various footwear manufacturers that include Ralph Lauren, Fila, and Tory Burch.
- NBA All-Stars Push B'ball Sales Up. Carofano, Jennifer // FN: Footwear News;2/13/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 7, p6
This article reports on the impact of the National Basketball Association (NBA) All-Star Game in Houston, Texas, on the basketball sneaker sales in the U.S. Thanks to all the hoopla surrounding the 2006 NBA All-Star Game and some high-profile signature shoe debuts, athletic retailers are...
- Designs that run and run. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;4/8/2005, Issue 5433, p26
This article focuses on the patterns of Lucienne Day OBE which have now entered the realm of footwear with the introduction of a limited edition of trainers by Converse Inc., a U.S. shoecompany. Forty to Fifty years after the designs were initially produced she has made some of these archived...
- Converse targets teens in print effort from Arnold. Cardona, Mercedes M. // Advertising Age;1/25/1999, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on Converse's advertising campaign geared toward teenagers, 12-18-years old. In print advertisements from Arnold Communications, the footwear marketer will feature its new ECO outdoors sports line, as well as its sneakers, and basketball and skateboarding shoes. Converse...
- CONVERSE STATION. BEAUDRY, JENNIFER ERNST // FN: Footwear News;Sep2013, Vol. 69 Issue 30, p14
The article focuses on the strategic approach of Jim Calhoun as president and chief executive officer (CEO) of footwear company Converse, a Nike Inc.-owned label. Calhoun will remake Converse with more-fashionable product and will be targeting a new customer. It discusses the back-to-school...
- Converse bets big on new shoe. Jensen, Jeff // Advertising Age;7/8/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 28, p3
This article reports that shoe manufacturer Converse is launching its advertising push for the All Star 2000 in the U.S. on July 8, 1996. A new basketball shoe industry experts say could be the hit the athletic footwear marketer needs to reverse its current slump. The company is expected to...
- Converse pairs with teen site Bolt to kick off EZ Chuck athletic shoe. Friedman, Wayne // Advertising Age;8/23/1999, Vol. 70 Issue 35, p4
This article reports on the decision of athletic shoemaker Converse to use the Internet as its marketing vehicle for the launch of a new athletic/casual shoe, EZ Chuck, in the U.S. in 1999. The shoe is being touted via a full-fledged promotion with 3-year-old Bolt Media, a broad-interest,...