- CFSI to present legislative issues to Congressional Fire Caucus. // Fire Engineering;Jan1995, Vol. 148 Issue 1, p42
Reports that the Congressional Fire Services Institute (CFSI) will reintroduce to members of the Fire Service Caucus in Congress several bills introduced but not acted on in the 103rd Congress.
- CFSI and MedicAlert institute new EMS awards program. // Fire Engineering;Mar2011, Vol. 164 Issue 3, p72
The article reports on the establishment of the Congressional Fire Services Institute (CFSI)/MedicAlert Foundation awards program called Excellence in Fire Service-Based Emergency Medical Service (EMS) Awards in the U.S. in 2011.
- CFSI Open Sarbanes, Lankford Award Noms. // Fire Chief;Jan2010, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p15
The article reports on the initiative of the Congressional Fire Services Institute to accept nominations for the Senator Paul S. Sarbanes Fire Service Safety Leadership Award and the Mason Lankford Fire Service Leadership Award in the U.S.
- RHODE ISLAND: Firefighters in Accord. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;9/27/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33389, p9
The article reports that Mark Pfeiffer, a retired associate justice of the Rhode Island Superior Court, carried off changes to a collective bargaining agreement with the International Association of Fire Fighters 1485 to cut pay and benefits.
- House committee holds hearing on FLSA volunteer exemption clause. // Fire Engineering;Jan1996, Vol. 149 Issue 1, p60
Reports on the outcome of a hearing held around the end of October, 1995 on the National Firefighter and Rescue Squad Worker Protection Act. Comments from Frederick H. Nesbitt, member of the International Association of Fire Fighters.
- Funding for rural fire protection cut. // Fire Engineering;Jan1996, Vol. 149 Issue 1, p62
Reports that funding for the Rural Community Fire Protection program for the 1996 fiscal year was cut by the United States Congress from $3.5 million to $2 million. Effects of the reduction on firefighting.
- Mandatory life sentence proposed for setters of fatal arson... // Fire Engineering;Jan1996, Vol. 149 Issue 1, p63
Reports that legislation which would make life sentences mandatory for arsonists who light fatal fires is being proposed by Michigan legislators. Declaration made by Representative Eric Bush; Results of house fire set in September, 1995.
- An Open Letter to the CFSI. Roberts, Mary Rose // Fire Chief Expert Blog;8/23/2012, p1
A letter is presented from senior editor Mary Rose Roberts to the Congressional Fire Services Institute (CFSI) regarding the use of the Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response (SAFER) grant for continued education and scholarship programs for fire service volunteers.
- Sequester makes CFSI efforts even more important. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief Expert Blog;4/ 4/2013, p1
The article offers information on the National Fire and Emergency Services Dinner and Seminars to be held by the Congressional Fire Services Institute (CSFI) in Washington, D.C. on May 8-9, 2013.