THE BIG PICTURE ON HD
- A Vision for Portable High-Def. Cassavoy, Liane; McLeod, Ramon G. // PCWorld;Oct2004, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p38
This article presents an interview with Mark Cuban, an Internet millionaire who founded HDNet, the first national network to broadcast entirely in the 1080i high-definition television format. HDNet is kind of a USA- or TNT- or TBS-type network that has a wide variety of content. On HDNetMovies,...
- 5:4. Cuban, Mark // Multichannel News;7/30/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 30, p45
The article presents an interview with Mark Cuban, pioneer of Internet-broadcasting and high-definition television and owner of Dallas Mavericks, HDNet and HDNet Movies. He says that switched digital video is similar to streaming over the Internet. He also shares that HDNet is getting sampled...
- Films with great definition. Tiegel, Eliot // Electronic Media;2/24/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p16
Reports on the broadcasting plans of high-definition 24-hour television networking company HDNet. HDNet's schedule to cover sports events; Partnership with television networking company Public Broadcasting Service for news coverage; Deal with Warner Bros. Inc. for conversion of films to high...
- HDTV watch. Antonoff, Michael // Sound & Vision;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p14
Provides information on the telecast of a number of soccer games in a widescreen format of high definition television by HDNet in the U.S. Games that will be televised in July 2003; Cable networks in which HDNet is available; Advantages of a widescreen format.
- High-def net heading to hockey and horses. Bloom, David // Daily Variety;10/28/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 16, p11
Reports on high-definition television service HDNet's plan to offer coverage of National Hockey League games and the Breeder's Cup horse-racing series. HDNet's plan to produce the coverage of Breeders' Cup for NBC affiliates; Broadcasting in high-definition of the first of 65 NHL games.
- CUBAN SHINES AT STARPOWER. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;12/9/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 28, p27
Focuses on the products displayed by Zenith Electronics Corp. and HDNet founder Mark Cuban at a three-day celebration of high definition television products at Dallas, Texas in November 2002. Companies that hosted the event; Digital equipments showcased by Zenith and HDNet.
- HDNet Scores HD Rights For Paramount TV. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;12/23/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 29, p6
Reports that high-definition television (HDTV) network HDNet has made an agreement with Paramount Domestic Television giving HDNet the HDTV broadcast rights. Terms of the agreement.
- HDNet Girds for War In Higher resolution. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;3/24/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p35
The problem faced by HDNet general manager and chief operating officer Philip Garvin in March 2003 was to make sure that one of his news crews had a foothold in the war of United States with Iraq. With potentially days or even hours before the possible launch of a U.S.-led invasion of Iraq,...
- LIVE WIRE. // Multichannel News;10/10/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 38, p8
An interview with Mark Cuban, chief executive officer (CEO) of HDNet, is presented. He says that his independent cable network stands for high-definition television to meet the Internet. He emphasizes that he tries to get as much as live programming as he can in his network. He stresses that it...