'HR has got to think: Yes, I can really contribute here.'
- WINNING RAPPORT. // People Management;3/25/2010, p24
An interview with Guardian Media Group (GMG) chief executive officer (CEO) Carolyn McCall and human resources (HR) director Carolyn Gray is presented. McCall relates that Gray was the right HR director for the team because of her aptitude for business and the mutual professional respect that she...
- GMG head axed in restructure. // Music Week;4/11/2009, Issue 14, p6
The article reports on GMG Radio of the Guardian Media Group PLC and corporate restructuring. Terry Underhill, group head of music for GMG, was let go in April 2009 despite having been with the company since it started in 2000. GMG underwent a management structure review which called for a...
- Guardian set to review events. // Conference & Incentive Travel;Oct2009, p4
The article reports that Guardian Media Group PLC is set to review its events strategy for 2010 in Great Britain. It notes that the planned review is part of the major restructure of the company's publishing division. It mentions that the company refused to divulge its plans until after a...
- Can Freeman rejuvenate a wounded Guardian? Reid, Alasdair // Campaign;10/30/2009, Issue 43, p13
The article explores the reorganization of Guardian Media Group PLC (GMG) which results to the promotion of Adam Freeman as consumer media director in Great Britain. It notes that Freeman will be responsible for the company's marketing role, advertising sales, and coverprice revenue. Freeman...
- GMG reviews marketing after Jazz FM boss quits. // Marketing Week;10/21/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p13
The article reports that Nicola Thomson, head of marketing at Jazz FM, has left her job at the Guardian Media Group PLC-owned station after over three years in the post. Thomson, who has been away on maternity leave, has left to pursue other interests in media. GMG Radio is now reviewing the...
- News in brief... // Personnel Today;10/5/2004, p14
The article discusses some of the recent updates related to the personnel management. The Hotgroup has bought careers and jobs site Workthing, which includes the e-recruitment technology provider PeopleBank Technology, from Guardian Media Group PLC. The company Ceridian Centrefile has achieved...
- CITY NEWS. // Campaign;6/18/2010, Issue 24, p12
The article reports that Guardian Media Group PLC has shown a record pre tax loss of 171 million pounds for the 2010 financial year to March 28, 2011.
- Guardian Media Group Radio wins Yorkshire licence. // Marketing (00253650);7/12/2001, p6
Reports the acquisition of the Yorkshire regional radio license by Guardian Media Group Radio (GMG) in Yorkshire, England. Details on the Real Radio format to be launched by GMG; Transformation of GMG Radio into a major radio force.
- How supervisors can use the `critical zone' to revitalize employees after a reorganization. Marshall, Robert; Yorks, Lyle // Supervision;Jul99, Vol. 60 Issue 7, p15
Offers advice on how personnel managers should handle employees after a reorganization. Importance of reorganization; Success indicators of reorganization; Discussion on the phases of personal transition among employees after a reorganization.