Mannetti: Fixed-wireless Market For SOHO, Consumers Is Huge
- US West's Tom Garcia. Odenwald, Ralph // New Mexico Business Journal;Jul95, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p14
Features an interview with Thomas Garcia, chief executive officer of US West Communications. Changes seen in the industry; Move toward competition; Expensive cost of the service; Broadband technology, a lucrative venture; Other issues facing US West; Effect of supplying service to the entire...
- Updating Omaha. Karpinski, Richard // Telephony;6/20/94, Vol. 226 Issue 25, p10
Interviews Tom Bystrzycki, executive vice president for mass markets and operations at U S West Communications, on his views on broadband communication systems. Status of the Omaha fiber/coax broadband trial; Changes in U S West's Target architecture; Integration of voice and video on a single...
- Solomon D. Trujillo. Gordon, Gloria // Communication World;Oct/Nov2000, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p25
Interviews Solomon D. Trujillo, winner of the 2000 Excellence in Communication Leadership Award. Most pressing challenge as chief executive officer of US West; Reasons for creating a position for a senior public relations person; Response to computer network executives' assessment that...
- US West strike means new duties for workers. Sodoma, Brian // Inside Tucson Business;08/31/98, Vol. 8 Issue 23, p20
Reports on the strike at US West Communications Inc. Help received by non-union Arizona employees; Search for additional skills of non-union employees; Level of staffing at the company; Repair reports from the Internet.
- Self-directed brokerage adopted by US West. // Pensions & Investments;06/23/97, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p28
Reports that U S WEST Incorporated added a self-directed brokerage option to its plan. Value of the plan; What the plan will provide; Who will administered it.
- U S West first to trumpet DSL. Snyder, Beth // Telephony;01/20/97, Vol. 232 Issue 3, p6
Reports on US West's announcement of its commercial digital subscriber life (DSL) service plans. Initial offering of single-pair high-bit-rate DSL with symmetrical data rates of 768kb/s using ParGain Technologies' modems; Cities slated for initial service.
- DSL makes its mark. Guy, Sandra // Telephony;11/03/97, Vol. 233 Issue 18, p5
Opinion. Focuses on US West Communications Inc.'s decision to split its telephone and cable television business into two companies. Launching of the commercial digital subscriber line service (DSL); Company's plan to offer telephony to residents; DSL demonstration at the Phoenix Convention...
- US West wants into market dominated by rivals. Markley, Jennifer // Inside Tucson Business;03/31/97, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p11
Reports on the losses of the US West Communications Inc. in view of the company's prohibition to operate in the Local Access Transport Area (LATA) regions in Tucson, Arizona. Implication of the Telecommunications Act of 1996 on the company; Proliferation of largest long-distance companies in...
- Gazing into the broadband crystal ball. Bystrzycki, Thomas A. // Telephony;9/6/93, Vol. 225 Issue 10, p24
Discusses how US West Communications is building platforms for mass-marketing broadband services. Finding a design solution that would provide more services at the same or lower cost; Installation of fiber in the local loop and extension of fiber into the distribution plant; Network planning...